Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Quadra Lift? Squeak (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/quadra-lift-squeak-34204.html)

7cidaho 01-17-2012 08:17 AM

Quadra Lift? Squeak

Just bought a 2012 GC Overland 3.6. At its 300 mile break down period, it began to squeak from the left rear wheel area when going over the smallest of bumps.

It sounds like rubber rubbing on metal. It is worse at the normal ride height, and very noticeable in OR1, but almost goes away in OR2. I looked around the under carriage for wear marks and found none.

It is scheduled for a dealer appointment, however I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and/or knew what the fix was? Thanks!

overland86 01-17-2012 09:00 AM

Re: Quadra Lift? Squeak

i also had the same problem i brought it to the dealer and they said they just needed to lube the bushings. three days later the squeak came back. I brought it back the same day and they said they had to order two rears shocks it took some time but after they installed the shocks the noise is gone and its been two weeks

Jeff_Jeske 01-17-2012 07:15 PM

I have a squeak that comes and goes depending on how cold it is. I've jumped in back and had the wife drive around ... its coming from the suspension. I'm going to hit that area with a high pressure sprayer to see if it goes away.

ibcenu 01-25-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7cidaho (Post 554358)
Just bought a 2012 GC Overland 3.6. At its 300 mile break down period, it began to squeak from the left rear wheel area when going over the smallest of bumps.

It sounds like rubber rubbing on metal. It is worse at the normal ride height, and very noticeable in OR1, but almost goes away in OR2. I looked around the under carriage for wear marks and found none.

It is scheduled for a dealer appointment, however I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and/or knew what the fix was? Thanks!

I've got the exact same thing

Quote:

Originally Posted by overland86 (Post 554367)
i also had the same problem i brought it to the dealer and they said they just needed to lube the bushings. three days later the squeak came back. I brought it back the same day and they said they had to order two rears shocks it took some time but after they installed the shocks the noise is gone and its been two weeks

Thanks for the info.. im heading to the dealer this week(hopefully) i'll update with what they say

Ken Jacobs 01-26-2012 08:16 AM

I had a similar noise and the tech took the sway bar off the car, cleaned dirt from the driver's side bushing, lubed both bushings, and reassembled. It solved my problem.

Angler 01-26-2012 07:55 PM

Take a look at this tsb: http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_1700211.pdf

It might be the answer to your problem.

ibcenu 01-27-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angler (Post 561363)

Thanks for the info..the tsb deos not apply to quadralift 2 or load leveling suspension..

ibcenu 01-27-2012 12:59 PM

Spent 2.5 hours at the dealer today:mad: Service manager insisted I stay away from forums that its nothing but nonsense here:mad:
That said I still told him of what others have posted here... hours later of me sitting and waiting, they say they need to replace the shocks. He goes on to say theres really nothing wrong becuase why would anyone drive at low speeds all the time:confused: Anyway after I insisted they fix it anyway, he said fine, they will order the shocks but it will take some time to get the part as no one has ever needed to replace would he quoted "abnormal air shocks" I really wanted to tell him he sucks, but decided to wait until they fix it first...
Ill post back whenever they get the shocks installed

jeepin4ever 01-27-2012 02:32 PM

I had a rear shock replaced on my 2011 JGC Overland as it was rattling at low speeds. It was leaking. The shocks are not "air shocks". The springs are air, the shocks are normal fluid shocks.

You should call the dealer's general manager.

Willir2 01-31-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibcenu (Post 561742)
Spent 2.5 hours at the dealer today:mad: Service manager insisted I stay away from forums that its nothing but nonsense here:mad:
That said I still told him of what others have posted here... hours later of me sitting and waiting, they say they need to replace the shocks. He goes on to say theres really nothing wrong becuase why would anyone drive at low speeds all the time:confused: Anyway after I insisted they fix it anyway, he said fine, they will order the shocks but it will take some time to get the part as no one has ever needed to replace would he quoted "abnormal air shocks" I really wanted to tell him he sucks, but decided to wait until they fix it first...
Ill post back whenever they get the shocks installed

I had Shock Rumble in mine and they replaced both. They stated it is when air is in the fluid due to the shocks sitting horizontal for to long of period and then that clunk will happen. I was lost on why this would happen to a new vehicle. But still hear a thud or clunk once in a while not as bad as before, but for the most part fixed the problem. Hope your replacement cna fix it.

cloud11244 01-31-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angler (Post 561363)

I have a 2011 Hemi Overland and had a squeak in the rear suspension especially when going over speed bumps. I had this TSB done today and it seems to have solved the problem.

klrxt500 02-10-2012 08:19 PM

klrxt500 2012 jeep overland rear shock sqeek , at dealer they took the shocks apart found grease was fine and ordered new shocks for the rear. I am wondering how that worked out for overland86 since you stated they replaced your shocks on your post of 1-17-2012 did the replacement shocks fix the squeek or did they start squeeking again. please inform thanks.