Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Should Jeep bring back the Orvis Edition? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/should-jeep-bring-back-the-orvis-edition-34239.html)

RageOfFury 01-17-2012 06:40 PM

Should Jeep bring back the Orvis Edition?

1 Attachment(s)
There is a thread on another forum about this and I thought I'd bring it up here.

Do you think that Jeep should have an Orvis Edition WK2?

If you don't remember the Orvis Grand Cherokee, it was produced from 1995 till 1998 and featured two-tone green and tan leather seats which were complemented with roan red accent piping and Orvis insignia. The wheels had Moss Green paint accents.

moosehead 01-17-2012 06:44 PM

Re: Should Jeep bring back the Orvis Edition?

I dunno, sounds like it has the potential to be fuglier than the 70th anniversary. (no offense intended).

I do however want a WK2 with 6.4l powerplant. Call it the "hybrid".

SRTgirl 01-17-2012 06:48 PM

No,no,no,no,no,no...........NO!

Knightrider03m 01-17-2012 07:19 PM

No...... the WK already have way too meany trims as is..... no need to add another one.

GTREVINOWK2 01-17-2012 08:58 PM

Nop don't like greenish interiors

Mendo 01-17-2012 09:20 PM

At least the green would cover up the vomit every time you looked at it!

IRISH 01-17-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 554729)
There is a thread on another forum about this and I thought I'd bring it up here.

Do you think that Jeep should have an Orvis Edition WK2?

If you don't remember the Orvis Grand Cherokee, it was produced from 1995 till 1998 and featured two-tone green and tan leather seats which were complemented with roan red accent piping and Orvis insignia. The wheels had Moss Green paint accents.

Correction they were only produced from 1995-1997 and in 1997 the Orvis was also offered in a Silvery Beige colour along with the Moss Green.

I vote yes and then get rid of one of the Overland models, why do we need an Overland and then a Summit Overland, pick one.

WoodyCanuck 01-17-2012 10:54 PM

I love my Overland (and the Summit isn't avail. in Canada). :cool:

Nope, don't like this Orvis edition. It probably also had woodgrain panels on the outside.
Better it belongs in our warm fuzzy memories. ;)

netcoolery 01-17-2012 11:00 PM

FWIW - I saw a 70th anniversary edition last May (parked next to it on the CA coast) and it looked better than the pictures - actually was OK.

As for the Orvis edition - If it makes them a few extra bucks, I'm all for it. I want to see Chrysler and especially Jeep nice and profitable so they can continue to invest in and support the brand. Now .... would I buy an Orvis edition? Nah.

tri0829 01-17-2012 11:14 PM

no i think the overland covers what the orvis would with better options in terms of color......

speaking of different editions they should make a call of duty or arctic edition grand cherokee (personally i like the call of duty better butttt given its a grand cherokee arctic would make more sense since the wk2 isnt really a war machine like the wrangler looks like)

BuckeyeSRT 01-18-2012 01:32 PM

I didn't like the Orvis edition
COD edition would be awesome!

Jeep_addicted 01-18-2012 04:23 PM

The Orvis was a nice stab at a special edition back in the day but I always felt that they were just trying to copy Ford with the Eddie Bauer.

I am voting a great big HELL NAW (sorry if anyone gets offended)

If Jeep want's to continue to a special edition they could alter the 70th Anniversary Model since they were supposed to be 2011 only and create the

Limited Classic.

Jeep could reach back to there own heritage and go back to the days when you got a limited with gold accents.
  • They could do 3 exterior colors Brilliant black, Brilliant silver and the Green Pearl.
  • They could do Light frost beige interior only
  • All the badges would be Satin Gold
  • Color matched grille, mirrors and and door handles
  • Machined faced wheels with gold spoke pockets ( or maybe an exclusive basket weave styled wheel in 20")
  • These would not even need a special badge as the satin gold badges and exclusive wheels would differentiate them.