Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Which intake set-up is best !! Need input (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/which-intake-set-up-is-best-need-input-3430.html)

BUBBADOG 10-19-2009 06:48 PM

Which intake set-up is best !! Need input

Okay i use to run the K&N F.I.P.K. for my 5.9 but after i had my motor done guy said it was to restricted for my motor having porting and all it needs alot of air....So i took it off for this set up...http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...90520-1955.jpg......But at the track i take it off and just run open throttle body prey i dont suck nothin gin my 13 second pass lol...Is there a intake out there for BOTH with me have a stock hood for now im switch to RAM-AIR hood this winter there very little clearance there that why the K&N top is flat like a sheet of paper.....Thoughts??

Marlin 10-19-2009 06:50 PM

Re: Which intake set-up is best !! Need input

Was the K&N setup the same size as in your pic?
Because if it was, I want to know who the WANKER was that said it couldn't flow enough air, because it would EASILY.

BUBBADOG 10-19-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlin (Post 82668)
Was the K&N setup the same size as in your pic?
Because if it was, I want to know who the WANKER was that said it couldn't flow enough air, because it would EASILY.

This 0ne marlin...http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...x4/3f20_35.jpg

its real small on top looks like it dont let alot in

HEMIBeast 10-19-2009 07:30 PM

That's the one I use to run on my 5.2's . I loved it.

scjeep4.7HO 10-19-2009 07:49 PM

Bubba, sometimes you change things without any basis what so ever.

BUBBADOG 10-19-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scjeep4.7HO (Post 82746)
Bubba, sometimes you change things without any basis what so ever.

Because im RICK JAMES bitcha ~~

Marlin 10-20-2009 12:13 AM

lol at you Rick james you SOB :), that K&n wouldn't have slowed you mate.

Ridin' Around 10-20-2009 08:58 AM

That FIPK has great flow. The weak point on it is the oiled guaze filter. You should really look at one of the Amsoil EA series dry filters. They flow better than the oiled cotton guaze filters, w/o the hassle worrying about the oil. Also they will trap & hold more dirt than a paper filter. Many off & on road users with K&N are seeing dirt particles getting through the filter.

blackpepper 10-20-2009 11:33 AM

What he said.

Look at AEM and their dry filters, too.

FlyinRyan 10-21-2009 12:53 AM

Hoooooooooooooo boy......

the misinformation in this thread is rampant...

OK fellas, get to your desks, school's in session.

the ZJ FIPK airhat leaves alot to be desired. the airhat is excessively small to avoid hood clearance issues. unfortunately this means that in built setups like Shawns, the intake is still pulling vacuum. I.e. the intake is the restriction. The filter is not really the issue here.

Shawn, the filter you have on there now is a joke. Put the FIPK back on. You're gonna have to notch the hood to fit a taller airhat.

TimmyB 10-21-2009 05:07 PM

I agree with the statement about. Isnt it all about filter surface area, and thats why cone types allow more air in because of the larger surface filtering area than a flat type filter. And I would never even start my car up without the filter on nevermind driving it without it on.

I can say though I have not seen any dirt getting thru the K&N cone filter I have, when I clean the filter I also remove the tube to wipe out any oil that has been sucked in, and I have never seen dirt in the tube only a little bit of oil near the begining of the tube. And my filter seems to get filthy pretty quick so im cleaning it every 3 months it seems.

FlyinRyan 10-21-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyB (Post 84377)
I agree with the statement about. Isnt it all about filter surface area, and thats why cone types allow more air in because of the larger surface filtering area than a flat type filter. And I would never even start my car up without the filter on nevermind driving it without it on.

I can say though I have not seen any dirt getting thru the K&N cone filter I have, when I clean the filter I also remove the tube to wipe out any oil that has been sucked in, and I have never seen dirt in the tube only a little bit of oil near the begining of the tube. And my filter seems to get filthy pretty quick so im cleaning it every 3 months it seems.

I avoid K&N's at all costs, I am a former motocrosser and all my riding buddies kept having issues finding dirt in their intake boots....I have run UNI foam filters for years. There are a little more of a pain to clean but worth it.