Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   3.6 engine recall (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/3-6-engine-recall-34305.html)

7cidaho 01-18-2012 09:44 PM

3.6 engine recall

We purchased a 12 GC Overland with the 3.6. the dealer we bought it from had to trade from an out of state dealer. The out of state dealer did not tell my dealer that the engine had been replaced prior to sale due to a Jeep recall. My dealer is in the process of finding us a brand new replacement Jeep, and will take ours back.

Has anyone had issues with a Jeep with the new engine?

AAAA 01-19-2012 12:49 PM

Re: 3.6 engine recall

Original engine with 14,500 miles now. No issues at all.

rustyosaurus 01-19-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7cidaho (Post 555605)
We purchased a 12 GC Overland with the 3.6. the dealer we bought it from had to trade from an out of state dealer. The out of state dealer did not tell my dealer that the engine had been replaced prior to sale due to a Jeep recall. My dealer is in the process of finding us a brand new replacement Jeep, and will take ours back.

Has anyone had issues with a Jeep with the new engine?

wow - that sounds like a major liability to your dealer. no wonder he is agreeing to take it back. you were supposed to have signed a disclosure statement before accepting that JGC with the replaced engine.

there were a number of V6 JGC that were found to have some contaminants in the engine. as a result, Jeep recalled them and/or replaced the engines before they left the factory.

Sparro 01-20-2012 06:39 PM

The engine recall on the V6's was for non NAFTA countries. Yours should not have been affected. Mine has been solid.

rustyosaurus 01-22-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparro (Post 556997)
The engine recall on the V6's was for non NAFTA countries. Yours should not have been affected. Mine has been solid.

I was offered a V6 Overland with a replaced engine, and I live in the Midwest. I passed on it.

Dafish 01-22-2012 08:36 PM

So, I do not get it? What is wrong with a brand new vehicle that has a known bad engine that has been replaced with a brand new engine, with complete warranty?

I ordered/bought a brand new Jeep in 1980, when they backed it off the truck, it would not hold oil pressure. They found out it had an incorrect crankshaft, they tore it down and installed the correct crankshaft and I drove it for almost 200,00 miles with no engine problems before I sold it.

JDrew 01-22-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyosaurus (Post 557859)
I was offered a V6 Overland with a replaced engine, and I live in the Midwest. I passed on it.

If the price was right, I would have jumped on it. Nothing factory warranty and Max Care couldn't fix..