Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   WK2 iPod kit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/wk2-ipod-kit-34317.html)

Gold Rat Tooth 01-19-2012 01:00 AM

WK2 iPod kit

Ok. So i havé been searching through threads & couldnt find the rite kit for my WK2. Does anybody know which kit i-néed to havé thé iPod read through thé stock head unit! Model #? Or à link would be cool.

tavaresdc 01-19-2012 07:24 AM

Re: WK2 iPod kit

if you have the RHR all u have to do is plug the mp3/ipod in the usb port and it works perfectly.

JEEP SMC 01-19-2012 07:33 AM

Does anyone else notice that it reads the ipod very slowly. Takes 10 seconds when flipping from song to song. Is there a way to plug it into the aux port on the front and control it from the ipod vs the head unit?

Yaccster 01-19-2012 08:25 AM

You can either plug it in via USB or use Bluetooth for remote control or just use the aux in (no control there)

Gold Rat Tooth 01-19-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEP SMC (Post 555810)
Does anyone else notice that it reads the ipod very slowly. Takes 10 seconds when flipping from song to song. Is there a way to plug it into the aux port on the front and control it from the ipod vs the head unit?

whats the model # on the kit that u have?

Gold Rat Tooth 01-19-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaccster (Post 555817)
You can either plug it in via USB or use Bluetooth for remote control or just use the aux in (no control there)

when i-plug mine it,all it does is charge it

cyanideg 01-19-2012 03:39 PM

Make sure your iPod is on the latest Firmware, if you plug it into the center console USB port it should read on the Head unit no problem under the AUX tab. You should have the RHR

jgc4ever 01-19-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold Rat Tooth (Post 556060)
when i-plug mine it,all it does is charge it

Me too. I have an iPod nano 2nd generation. Jeep.com says that model iPod is supported by the 730N RHR Head Unit but I took it to the dealer and they looked into it and found it's not supported but it did work fine when they tried an iPhone on it. They said they would put in a call to Chrysler. It's been two months and I was never contacted again. I was able to copy most of my iPod songs to a flash drive and that works on both USBs on the Jeep and I added those songs to the 730N RHR Hard Drive. I bought a nice Auxillary cord and use that now too. Pretty disappointing as being able to select iPod music through the radio controls in the steering wheel is a feature I expected and was looking forward to in the new Grand Cherokee.

jgc4ever 01-19-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanideg (Post 556099)
Make sure your iPod is on the latest Firmware, if you plug it into the center console USB port it should read on the Head unit no problem under the AUX tab. You should have the RHR

Does just updating through iTunes update the firmware? I already tried updating through iTunes. Just now I found the dowload for a firmware update: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#...o2ndgeneration I downloaded this firmware update to my laptop, but am unable to open it. Even if I can get it open I still don't know how to put it on my iPod. I feel dumb now.

12Jeep 01-19-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gold Rat Tooth (Post 555734)
Ok. So i havé been searching through threads & couldnt find the rite kit for my WK2. Does anybody know which kit i-néed to havé thé iPod read through thé stock head unit! Model #? Or à link would be cool.

Do you have a wk2 srt8, if not, which head unit is in your vehicle?

JEEP SMC 01-20-2012 07:34 AM

Ive been using the same usb cable that I use to upload songs from my mac to the ipod. One end is usb and the other is a wide connector. I have a 3rd gen iipod 30gb. When I plug it into the console, the ipad shows the Jeep logo. From there, I have to change songs thru the head unit. I have the RES radio and its very slow going from one song to another.