Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Buying a repurchased (lemon) vehicle? HELP! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/buying-a-repurchased-lemon-vehicle-help-34336.html)

ctrlbrk 01-19-2012 02:57 PM

Buying a repurchased (lemon) vehicle? HELP!

I have been searching for a good deal on a JGC for a few months now.

Found a dealer yesterday who has a 2011 JGC Limited V8, 7,000 miles, loaded with all options including 20" wheels and Luxury Group II at a very good looking price of (asking $ 34.000).

Then asked for the carfax report which is clean except for a "REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION AS MANUFACTURER VEHICLE" statement.

Asked the dealer, and he said that Chrysler repurchased this vehicle as a lemon.

Vehicle was delivered to customer 7/8/2011, and was repaired by Chrysler 11/17/2011, then auctioned last day of November, and then apparently my local dealer has just acquired it.

I have the paperwork from Chrysler "Reacquired Vehicle Disclosure Statement", below:

http://content.screencast.com/users/...2-13.51.49.png

It shows 1 issue "Squeaking and rattling noise towards the rear underside of the vehicle over bumps" as reported by the customer. Chrysler lists the repair as "Adjusted loose spare tire".

Can it really be so simple? How would a dealer have missed this on what would have surely been multiple service calls before Chrysler agreed to repurchase the vehicle?

Is it possible I am not getting the complete picture? Like other problems not listed here?

Shouldn't I be able to ask the dealer to print out all of the service records so I can see how many times it was brought in for service, and for what? I asked him this already and he indicated that wasn't possible. I don't follow as to why.

Here are the options on this vehicle:

http://content.screencast.com/users/...2-13.55.21.png

Comments please? I need to make a decision soon on this vehicle.

Play21cw 01-19-2012 03:05 PM

Re: Buying a repurchased (lemon) vehicle? HELP!

I got a 2012 JGC Limited for less than 1k dollars more... TrueCar.com.. idk abt this

Scottina06 01-19-2012 03:06 PM

a buy back for a loose spare tire......BS! They probably paid half the asking price at auction. I wouldnt pay $34K for it

ctrlbrk 01-19-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play21cw (Post 556067)
I got a 2012 JGC Limited for less than 1k dollars more... TrueCar.com.. idk abt this

20" wheels, V8 and Luxury Group II?

Play21cw 01-19-2012 03:35 PM

didnt see that.. i agree with Scottina

ctrlbrk 01-19-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 556068)
a buy back for a loose spare tire......BS! They probably paid half the asking price at auction. I wouldnt pay $34K for it

So on the disclosure statement that is all that is listed. Which is why I wanted the full service records printed out, for every time the buyer brought it to the dealer for service.

But I just found out this JGC doesn't have Navigation! Who gets all the crazy options under the sun, but doesn't get navigation! That right there is probably a deal killer for me.

jgc4ever 01-19-2012 03:53 PM

Garmin Navigation was/is STANDARD on all Grand Cherokee Limiteds I thought......?

ctrlbrk 01-19-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 556107)
Garmin Navigation was/is STANDARD on all Grand Cherokee Limiteds I thought......?

Me too. It has the 430, not the 430N.

jeep2011 01-19-2012 04:42 PM

I'd stay away. Something is fishy.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-19-2012 04:49 PM

stay away from that jeep and stay away from that dealer! very fishy! also look for a build sheet on that VIN to see what the dealer did to it. maybe the took the nav out of it after they bought it? they seem very shady. no way in hell they would buy back a vehicle to fix a loose spare tire

dlthunder 01-19-2012 05:31 PM

I thought most states had laws preventing them from reselling Lemon Law cars as used vehicles, based on that and the fact you likely cannot claim a lemon on a used car, I would stay away.

Tkrichman 01-19-2012 06:36 PM

It might be a good deal "now" and you might save a lot of money. However you need to think longterm, expenses, wasted time, and aggravation over the lifetime you have this vehicle will far supersede any savings.

RUN FOREST RUN, unless you could get the dealer down to 30k :D