Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   D/C to A/C Power Inverter (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/d-c-to-a-c-power-inverter-3435.html)

WJ_Jeep 10-19-2009 07:50 PM

D/C to A/C Power Inverter

I was at the stealership today and noticed an 08 WK had a DC-AC Power Inverter with the power plug integrated into the rear of the center console.

Has anyone added one to their vehicle yet? Wondering which one you chose for the job. Looking for one with a remote outlet that could be integrated anywhere in the truck.

AcidCold 10-19-2009 09:23 PM

Re: D/C to A/C Power Inverter

I had a vector laying round and decided to place it in that location and use the cigarette lighter to operate it, i do have only 400 watts thought.
Looks nice and clean. Sorry but, no pictures.

saleen032 10-19-2009 09:24 PM

I did add one and put it in the rear floor storage area. I put a remote switch in the dash cubby hole, and I also put an additonal outlet under the rear seat cushin so I could plug something in without going to the storage area...I ran heavy 2 gauge amplifier power wire to it with an inline fuse and everything. i will try to take some pictures and post them up in the next few days..

WJ_Jeep 11-01-2009 07:41 PM

I would be interested in seeing any installation pics. I would like to add one to the WK. I was looking at the pure sine wave models, for utility grade power as I would more than likely be powering electronics with it. I was thinking along the lines of a 600/1000 watt model.

B.P.O.D 11-02-2009 10:54 AM

i would also like to see pics of this!!!

B.P.O.D 01-22-2010 03:06 PM

any updates on this?!?!?! i really want to add a 115V Auxiliary Power Outlet to my jeep!!!

B.P.O.D 01-22-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saleen032 (Post 82872)
I did add one and put it in the rear floor storage area. I put a remote switch in the dash cubby hole, and I also put an additonal outlet under the rear seat cushin so I could plug something in without going to the storage area...I ran heavy 2 gauge amplifier power wire to it with an inline fuse and everything. i will try to take some pictures and post them up in the next few days..

i can't believe i totally forgot to talk to you about this at the meet!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

SRTILL8 01-22-2010 03:19 PM

i have it in my jeep. havent used it yet since i dont sit in the back but my friend charged his phone through it last weekend.

B.P.O.D 01-22-2010 03:23 PM

yeah i was also wondering if anyone knew how many watts peak and rms this unit has... i want to get a comparable one and put it in my jeep.

i'm guessing i would run heavy gauge wires to the battery and fuse the positive wire right after the batter....

SRTILL8 01-22-2010 03:45 PM

well the pull power really depends what your going to use it for....

the bigger (pulling power items) will require a bigger/larger inverter otherwise youll blow it. and yes youll have to run it the way you described above. also the gauge depends on what ur going to use it for as well.

SRTILL8 01-22-2010 03:55 PM

oh btw i do remember my friend plugin in a small box refrigerator in it and it did well. he has the same outlet in his 09 WK. if that helps a lil more.

B.P.O.D 01-22-2010 04:41 PM

thanks bro! i guess my main question is how many watts does the stock inverter have in the wk's... i will try to match that or just go with a vector 800watt.