Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Long handled Microfibre for JGC Roof (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/long-handled-microfibre-for-jgc-roof-34425.html)

Swampy 01-20-2012 07:32 PM

Long handled Microfibre for JGC Roof

Hello to all.

We have recently taken delivery of our new JGC and my wife, who is a little on the petite side, cannot reach the centre of the roof or the windscreen with the microfibre mit, even while standing on a milk crate.

Is there such a thing as a long handled microfiber tool for this purpose? I suspect that we are not the first people with this issue.

What do other people do?

Also, the next question will be how to dry the roof, as we have the same issue with the microfiber chamois. Maybe just a second tool for drying the roof?

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Scottina06 01-20-2012 07:38 PM

Re: Long handled Microfibre for JGC Roof

you could try one of the small automotive blowers(like a leaf blower) for the roof or a small step ladder. Check out detailed image....they have a small blower

77Cherokee 01-21-2012 11:02 AM

Swampy, let us know if you find such a tool. It's not easy to stand on the door sills and wipe down the roof. A step ladder would work but too much trouble to go get it. :)

JVBW0527 01-21-2012 12:25 PM

I'm short and i have to use a step stool to get to the roof, even with the long handled tool i have!....lol I just have the long handled tool w/a microfiber bonnet for washing. don't have a tool for drying yet. i just use my absorber towel

armoredsaint 01-21-2012 12:47 PM

stand on the tires, it worked for me

Echo22 01-21-2012 11:22 PM

+1 for having a wife who will hand-wash the car. :D

jeep2011 01-22-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoredsaint (Post 557425)
stand on the tires, it worked for me

+1 that is what I have always done. Standing on the tires allows washing of the roof and front very easily. The rear is easy to pull yourself up using the roof rails. The front I use the rear lip of the hood.

tbechtel 01-22-2012 11:23 PM

I use a bonnet on a pole to wash the roof. I than wrap a towel around the bonnet to dry. Works quite well. You can find the pole and wash bonnet on Amazon.

allypally 01-23-2012 02:35 AM

Swampy. Wives are not designed for washing the roof of a GC. You are supposed to do that, while the wife maintains a constant supply of beer to you.

Swampy 01-24-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allypally (Post 558584)
Swampy. Wives are not designed for washing the roof of a GC. You are supposed to do that, while the wife maintains a constant supply of beer to you.

Good idea, however the JGC is essentially her vehicle and she is happy to wash it once a fortnight and would like to be able to do it during the week, rather than on the weekends when I'm there to do the roof for her.

As our vehicles are washed every fortnight I don't really want to be washing two vehicles every fortnight. Maybe I could still have the beer and sit and watch her wash the JGC? Now that would just be mean. :lol:

kennzz05 01-24-2012 02:44 AM

fortnight= 2 weeks for those like me that had to look it up