Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Installing real wood dash.. Removing faux wood (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/installing-real-wood-dash-removing-faux-wood-34491.html)

rhaines 01-22-2012 08:59 AM

Installing real wood dash.. Removing faux wood

Has anyone done this or had it done? How much does it cost?

Sparro 01-22-2012 09:34 AM

Re: Installing real wood dash.. Removing faux wood

Probably your best solution would be to order the real wood trim from the Overland from the dealer.

rhaines 01-22-2012 11:52 AM

That's the intention. Just wonders what the cost would be

jgc4ever 01-22-2012 12:14 PM

It's $2900 MSRP. Email Milous or Scottin06 and they MIGHT through justforjeeps be able to get it for you for about $2100.

jeep2011 01-22-2012 12:39 PM

If you get all the part #'s you can look it up on trade motion. They offer 40% off all the time. Your still looking at thousands.

Your best bet would be someone that doesn't want the wood trim in their overland and doing a swap. Of course that is only if they want to paint, wrap, or prefer black over the brown (if you have a laredo).

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-22-2012 10:51 PM

wait to find some overlands in junkyards and you can get all of the parts for dirt cheap. it isnt going to add any value to the jeep so why drop $2k on it now

jgc4ever 01-22-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep2011 (Post 558077)
If you get all the part #'s you can look it up on trade motion. They offer 40% off all the time. Your still looking at thousands.

Your best bet would be someone that doesn't want the wood trim in their overland and doing a swap. Of course that is only if they want to paint, wrap, or prefer black over the brown (if you have a laredo).

I called trademotion and they quoted me the total for the 7 black olive ash wood trim pieces at about $2900. I believe the lighter wood is a similar price.

Corp Cog 01-23-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 558490)
wait to find some overlands in junkyards and you can get all of the parts for dirt cheap. it isnt going to add any value to the jeep so why drop $2k on it now

+1, do a little leg work, be patient and check the junk yards or auto recyclers and you'll save bunch of $.

moosehead 01-23-2012 11:31 AM

Er, I would be happy to trade my overland brown wood for the black olive including steering wheel?

Please?

Hemidog 01-23-2012 01:48 PM

I just covered my trim with a CF vinyl and while I had it off, took a good look at the trim. I don't see how they can charge $2100 for all of it, unless you are getting new door panels too! I have an Overland with the real wood and if it is real wood, it is a very thin piece that has been laminated to a plastic backing.

SixZeroFour 01-23-2012 01:55 PM

It is a very thin wood veneer but it is real nonetheless. And yea, $2100 is crazy.

jgc4ever 01-23-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemidog (Post 558795)
I just covered my trim with a CF vinyl and while I had it off, took a good look at the trim. I don't see how they can charge $2100 for all of it, unless you are getting new door panels too! I have an Overland with the real wood and if it is real wood, it is a very thin piece that has been laminated to a plastic backing.

The 4 door pieces of wood trim do include the leather. That's the only way you can get the parts through a part department or dealer. I wish we knew where the factory was that actually made the wood trim and had an inside connection. I've searched endlessly on google trying to uncover this mystery, but no luck.