Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Hannes' WJ Overland

25K views 141 replies 34 participants last post by  NHWK05 
#1 ·
So I had a chance to wash it today....and before the sun set all the way...I said what the heck...I'll take some pix...so here they are!

See less See more
#27 ·
you just painted the vinyl sticker tho right and not actual housing?

#38 · (Edited)
Nice Overland Hannes! Love how you've got the exhaust routed and the SRT wheels.Definitely a head turner. Am sure I'll be able to spot you around town if we ever cross paths (same to you blown-wk).

I need to get with all of you Jax area guys for Gainesville info. Perhaps one day I can get down there myself to see what my old, decrepit 5.9L runs! Just gotta make sure it's when I don't have my son with me. Don't think his momma would like him going to the dragstrip with dear ol' dad! :lol:

BTW, what part of town y'all at? Me...up by the airport.

#30 ·
Andrew....nope...the eyebrows are painted on the lenses...trying to wrap vinyl to look like that would not work out so good/easily...lol...

Thanks Chris!!! Appreciate it! Yeah...I think so! Looks like there's gonna be less of a chance of rain this Wednesday.... :D

Thanks Ifry...lol...me too... ;)

#31 ·
Andrew....nope...the eyebrows are painted on the lenses...trying to wrap vinyl to look like that would not work out so good/easily...lol...
)
gotcha, ya i remember trying to wrap vinyl on my taillights and got pissed and gave up and had them painted.. lol

#33 ·
The wheels look great on that thing! I love WJs but one thing I always felt is the track is too narrow for the body. The SRT wheels widen the track nicely.
Looks real good!

#34 ·
Thanks a lot! I think so too..

The track is too narrow on just about anything with stock wheels, unless they are performance wheels...but yeah....these wheels has the perfect offset to make them be flush with the fender, and give it an awesome stance. :D

#35 ·
Where are my manners, Hannes? Your WJ looks great I don't know what you do with that camera.. it must be that Floridian sun :cool:

What color temp are your HIDs?

#36 ·
I dunno Ryan...where are they? LOL...j/k! ;) Thank You Ryan...I appreciate it!

The Florida sun huh? Hehe...

My the lows and fogs are both 6000K...but I swear the lows are more like 4300Kish on the road...I'll have to take a pix to show you the difference...

#37 ·
My the lows and fogs are both 6000K...but I swear the lows are more like 4300Kish on the road...I'll have to take a pix to show you the difference...
You learn quickly! ;) You should get on that right away!

#40 ·
#41 ·
I was asleep Ryan....LOL...I did have the right bloody screw driver to see if I could aim them up a little more...so thats my real excuse...I'll get a screw driver, aim them...and then take a picture just for you! Sound good? ;)

#42 ·
Hahaha :slapfight:
Going above and beyond the call of duty for a fellow Jeep owner, now that's what I call respect. I don't have HiDs yet but I've been needing to angle down my lights since the bilstein shocks.. I'm blinding people in midget cars :eek:

Looking forward to the pics, buddy!

#46 · (Edited)
Here the are...just for you Ryan!

Lows only - 6000K

Fogs only - 6000K

Lows and fogs - 6000K

As you can see...the fogs looks bluer than the lows....reason is, the bulbs aren't from the same seller...so I guess they are not the same make.....the seller where I got the lows from did have only bulbs for sale when I bought them....so I had to get them elsewhere..so the moral of this story is...get everything from the same guy/store...lol....hope this helps... :)

And here my Jeep Bro's....is the video of the good ol' Flowmaster Super 40 back on my Jeep...I love it....its the best its ever sounded...and this is the way its gonna sound from now on and forever....I'm done experimenting with exhaust!!

Flowmaster :ftmfw:

#47 ·
niiiiiice.. :thumbsup: your 6000 looks more like 5000, and my 5000 looks more like 4200 in those projectors.. looks like you got them pointing the right way?

#49 ·
Thanks Andy...ya.....but I kinda like em like this....lol..and yes..they are aimed correctly...you can see how it looks like just one big step...but if you look closely...you can see the other step blended into the light at the top...

Yeah Scottie...the headlights do...and so do the fogs...on the road tho..the fogs edges on 8000K...but oh well...I'm aint takin them out again....lol!

#55 ·
YOu get a pat on the back for those pics.. I see what you're talking about, you better match up those lights soon!

So you think it's because of the different manufacturers or possibly one set of bulbs is older than the other?

#56 ·
Thanks Chris! Healthy exhaust = happy driver! :) Did you end up selling your WJ?

Aww..thanks Ryan....it could be age...I use the lows more than fogs...don't really need the fogs with the projectors....but I think...that the make has something to do with it too...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.