Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Question...Rustys Offroad...

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  redbluff 
#1 ·
Anyone ever deal with Rustys Offroad? I was checkin their site out, just browsing, and I don't think I've seen any posts from people ordering anything from there. Anyone know if they have good stuff? Or do they have less than desirable stuff? I'm always looking for something good that's a lil different than what most people run and use.

#6 ·
Search about Rustys parts breaking, bad customer service, the list goes on and on. You simply dont see that with JKS/KOR. Go on mallcrawlin.com and theyll practically permaban you for even bringing up Krustys or Rocky Road Outfitters. Maybe theyve improved, but i would be very reluctant to use any of their stuff.

But hey, your truck, your money.

#7 ·
Search about Rustys parts breaking, bad customer service, the list goes on and on. You simply dont see that with JKS/KOR. Go on mallcrawlin.com and they'll practically permaban you for even bringing up Krustys or Rocky Road Outfitters. Maybe they've improved, but i would be very reluctant to use any of their stuff.

But hey, your truck, your money.
Thanks for the reason behind that thought :)

#8 ·
I have parts from both companies on mine and have had zero problems with either. At KOR you pay a big premium for excellent customer service for the same quality parts. Then again Rusty's was always there for me also. Both of their products have been known to break and both of their products have been known to perform flawlessly as in my case. Kevin's has stuff you cant find anywhere else and he knows it but you WILL pay for it. Case in point:3/4" spring spacers front and rear $122,ridiculous but he's the only place you can get the rears. Same material anybody else sells for the front for next to nothing. It's up to you,its your vehicle but I'd buy off of either one.

#9 ·
I guess KOR has become more expensive since I got out of the WJ scene. Kevin's prices were always affordable back in the day.

Rusty's did have some high clearance fenders for the WJ that nobody else had, I personally thought that was pretty cool.

#13 ·
DON"T PURCHASE ANYHING FROM RUSTY"S: I purchased a part for my Jeep Liberty from Rusty's Offroad Products. Before having the part installed I called Rusty's to ensure the part would work. I spoke with someone and told them I had the Rusty's 2.5" suspension lift on my Liberty and I wanted to install the .75" Poly Spacers to stop the front tires from rubbing the fenders. She stated that the part will work with the lift and it installs under the spring on the front struts. I then had the parts installed by a local shop that performs this type of work and the vehicle had issues. The upper control arm was rubbing the front struts and was not drive-able. I contacted Rusty's again and spoke with the same person. I told her that I spoke with her earlier and she remembered me. I told her the issue I was having and she handed the phone to a man. I told him the issue I had and he stated that the spacers will not work with the lift. I told him that the lady that handed him the phone told me they would. I told him I called earlier in the day and told her specifically what I had and what I wanted to install and why. He said that I was told wrong and it will not work. I told him his website says nothing about not working with their lift and it is listed as a suspension accessory. I then told him that I paid $300 to have them installed and now I am out $300. I asked him about some help in resolving this and he said that the parts will not work together and he couldn't help me. I told him again that his people told me that it would work and he again said that I was told wrong. I asked about reimbursement for the labor to have them installed since it was their fault and he laughed. I then stated that I would be contacting the Better Business Bureau and he laughed.

#15 ·
I'd also this piece of advice....if you want a lift on your vehicle, do it yourself.
Take the time to educate yourself and do it right based on the wealth of knowledge that's not there. If you're too much of fretard to do it yourself put yourself in the hands of a reputable shop and let them handle it all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.