Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f198/)
-   -   Question...Rustys Offroad... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f198/question-rustys-offroad-34508.html)

Gus9890 01-22-2012 01:45 PM

Question...Rustys Offroad...

Anyone ever deal with Rustys Offroad? I was checkin their site out, just browsing, and I don't think I've seen any posts from people ordering anything from there. Anyone know if they have good stuff? Or do they have less than desirable stuff? I'm always looking for something good that's a lil different than what most people run and use.

FlyinRyan 01-22-2012 01:58 PM

Re: Question...Rustys Offroad...

Avoid. Kevinsoffroad.com

Amelie 01-22-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 558148)
Avoid. Kevinsoffroad.com

Any more of an explanation than just "Avoid. Kevinsoffroad.com"?

FlyinRyan 01-22-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reichminister Goebbels (Post 558162)
Any more of an explanation than just "Avoid. Kevinsoffroad.com"?

I could but rather than understanding the what the why and how, i would ask that you trust me at my word and my being involved with WJs for 7 years now. There is no reason to use them.

Amelie 01-22-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 558169)
I could but rather than understanding the what the why and how, i would ask that you trust me at my word and my being involved with WJs for 7 years now. There is no reason to use them.

Well we could, but a reasoning behind that opinion would be appealing as well.

FlyinRyan 01-22-2012 02:31 PM

Search about Rustys parts breaking, bad customer service, the list goes on and on. You simply dont see that with JKS/KOR. Go on mallcrawlin.com and theyll practically permaban you for even bringing up Krustys or Rocky Road Outfitters. Maybe theyve improved, but i would be very reluctant to use any of their stuff.

But hey, your truck, your money.

Amelie 01-22-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 558183)
Search about Rustys parts breaking, bad customer service, the list goes on and on. You simply dont see that with JKS/KOR. Go on mallcrawlin.com and they'll practically permaban you for even bringing up Krustys or Rocky Road Outfitters. Maybe they've improved, but i would be very reluctant to use any of their stuff.

But hey, your truck, your money.

Thanks for the reason behind that thought :)

cheapjeep 01-22-2012 10:08 PM

I have parts from both companies on mine and have had zero problems with either. At KOR you pay a big premium for excellent customer service for the same quality parts. Then again Rusty's was always there for me also. Both of their products have been known to break and both of their products have been known to perform flawlessly as in my case. Kevin's has stuff you cant find anywhere else and he knows it but you WILL pay for it. Case in point:3/4" spring spacers front and rear $122,ridiculous but he's the only place you can get the rears. Same material anybody else sells for the front for next to nothing. It's up to you,its your vehicle but I'd buy off of either one.

FlyinRyan 01-22-2012 10:27 PM

I guess KOR has become more expensive since I got out of the WJ scene. Kevin's prices were always affordable back in the day.

Rusty's did have some high clearance fenders for the WJ that nobody else had, I personally thought that was pretty cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapjeep (Post 558457)
I have parts from both companies on mine and have had zero problems with either. At KOR you pay a big premium for excellent customer service for the same quality parts. Then again Rusty's was always there for me also. Both of their products have been known to break and both of their products have been known to perform flawlessly as in my case. Kevin's has stuff you cant find anywhere else and he knows it but you WILL pay for it. Case in point:3/4" spring spacers front and rear $122,ridiculous but he's the only place you can get the rears. Same material anybody else sells for the front for next to nothing. It's up to you,its your vehicle but I'd buy off of either one.

99PlatinumWJ 01-22-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapjeep (Post 558457)

Dave I bought my 3/4" spacers on ebay for $45... That was a year ago tho

As to rustys, I'm happy with their springs so far.. no complaints..

Gus9890 01-23-2012 12:22 AM

Thanks for the information, from both the good and bad.

Gus9890 01-23-2012 12:25 AM

I'm not lookin for off-road items, my 'WJ is only a 2WD 4.0. So I'm not going that route with a lift or anything.