Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Help with cancel cam (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/help-with-cancel-cam-34578.html)

screeves 01-23-2012 04:25 PM

Help with cancel cam

I just replaced the cancel cam in my 05 GC, took out the old one and it wasn't cracked, replaced it anyway and to no surprise it still clicks. When you turn the wheel you can see the turn signal level move about a 1/4" and click back down into place. What should I do???

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-23-2012 05:24 PM

Re: Help with cancel cam

pray it isnt a clock spring problem. they are like $500

are you sure the turn signal arm is mounted properly?

screeves 01-23-2012 08:49 PM

I believe it is, I had to put it back in and screw it down when after installing the new cancel cam and it is the same now as it was before.

2005JGC 01-23-2012 09:29 PM

If you got the "tsb" part the tsb also suggests possible replacement of clockspring iirc.

Ultimately I just repaired mine by shaving down the fingers a little. No more clickie for me and no 500+ dollar clockspring to fix it either.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-23-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005JGC (Post 559173)
If you got the "tsb" part the tsb also suggests possible replacement of clockspring iirc.

Ultimately I just repaired mine by shaving down the fingers a little. No more clickie for me and no 500+ dollar clockspring to fix it either.

i wish i was so lucky! :mad::(:mad::( screw jeep and their $500 clockspring

Chaoul1 01-23-2012 09:50 PM

Mine ended up being the Multi Function Light Stalk. Hopefully yours isn't the clockspring.

2005JGC 01-23-2012 10:24 PM

You know, I have stared at that thing forever, I am almost positive the tsb says clockspring if it continues to click after replacing the cam, but every time I looked at mine i could not see HOW it would be the clockspring, mine had to be my turn signal stalk, either way shaving down the cam resolved my issue.

Ill look the tsb up later and post the proper info for future reference.

screeves 01-24-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005JGC (Post 559216)
mine had to be my turn signal stalk, either way shaving down the cam resolved my issue.

How much did you have to shave off of it when you put yours in?

Thanks for all the input everyone, I hope it's not the clockspring too!

screeves 01-25-2012 08:20 PM

Did anyone else shave their before putting it back in? How much did you cut off and what did you use to do it? Thanks for the help, this is an annoying problem.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-25-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screeves (Post 560747)
Did anyone else shave their before putting it back in? How much did you cut off and what did you use to do it? Thanks for the help, this is an annoying problem.

at least you didnt have my clockspring problem, everytime i used my signals my horn would blow LOL