Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/problems-3460.html)

99limited 10-20-2009 03:22 PM

problems

99 jeep grand cherokee limited. standard head unit and CD player. I have a input/output converter behind my CD player so i could run the AUX jacks to my CD player. Now my amplifier has power and the subs play. Problem is there is little to no sound, and no bass from the subs. i can see the subwoofer moving to the beat but the bass is nonexistent. Any ideas??

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...288/scoshe.jpg

this is the input/output converter behind the CD player, so i could run the aux jacks to my factory CD player.

05wkguy 10-20-2009 08:58 PM

Re: problems

How much are the subs moving? Quite a bit but no sound? Then they are out of phase,i'm guessing because the converter is wired out of phase.
If they are playing normally but just very quiet,then look for an output adjustment on the converter and start cranking!

Matt 10-20-2009 09:15 PM

Phase has nothing to do with how loud a driver is...? My subs (or any other driver I have) wired in or out of phase are just as loud. Currently my sub is wired in reverse phase.

Ryan, when you say AUX, do you mean RCA's...? Does input/output converter = LOC...? Just trying to decipher some of the terms you used.

As 05wkguy suggested, crank the gain pots on the LOC all the way up (all 4 of them). What are the settings on the amp at? Do you have any filters on? Where is your gain?

Should have the low-pass filter on (set around 60hz). Gain should be cranked at least a little. Don't use bass boost.

99limited 10-20-2009 11:28 PM

ok so. i have decided to just get a CD player from best buy and get rid of that damn blue box. it seems thats where all my problems are originating. seen as how the speakers on the right side of the car dont work. so um gonna take out that box and just wire up a regular CD player. just makes it easier.

05wkguy 10-21-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 83782)
Phase has nothing to do with how loud a driver is...? My subs (or any other driver I have) wired in or out of phase are just as loud. Currently my sub is wired in reverse phase.

Ryan, when you say AUX, do you mean RCA's...? Does input/output converter = LOC...? Just trying to decipher some of the terms you used.

As 05wkguy suggested, crank the gain pots on the LOC all the way up (all 4 of them). What are the settings on the amp at? Do you have any filters on? Where is your gain?

Should have the low-pass filter on (set around 60hz). Gain should be cranked at least a little. Don't use bass boost.

Matt-if you look at the picture in his profile sig,you'll notice he has 2 driver's(subs). Therefore if they are out of phase with each other-IT DIRECTLY AFFECTS THE OUTPUT VOLUME. Wether or not they are in phase with the rest of his speakers matter none other than a reduction in output in the overlap frequencies. But we're splitting hairs here.

Do you see my point?

Matt 10-21-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05wkguy (Post 84123)
Matt-if you look at the picture in his profile sig,you'll notice he has 2 driver's(subs). Therefore if they are out of phase with each other-IT DIRECTLY AFFECTS THE OUTPUT VOLUME. Wether or not they are in phase with the rest of his speakers matter none other than a reduction in output in the overlap frequencies. But we're splitting hairs here.

Do you see my point?

ah, I thought you meant both subs... my bad.

05wkguy 10-23-2009 12:30 AM

No prob,it's all good

< one arm man hug with back slap >