Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Thinking of selling my 2006 WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/thinking-of-selling-my-2006-wk-34627.html)

Geevis 01-24-2012 01:46 PM

Thinking of selling my 2006 WK

Am I crazy for thinking about trading in my 2006 3.7L WK for a VW Tiguan?

I know this is probably the wrong forum to ask this, as I would most likely get the exact opposite responses from a VW forum. So please don't flame on me too badly.

Reasons for wanting to sell are:

-Coming up on 65,000 miles, and not looking forward to not only the upcoming expensive maintenance, as well as this is typically the time when things start falling apart and going wrong.

-I'm really just getting bored with my WK. I've had it for 5 years now, and have modded just about everything that I've wanted to, so I think I'm just itching to start a new project.

-For some reason I really just like the Tiguan. I just recently purchased a 2012 Passat for my wife, and really love VW's after owning it for the past several months. I want something in AWD, and a vehicle that is not only fun to drive, but both mod worthy and attractive.

Plus, I will have a good amount of goodies that I will be parting out. Off the top of my head.

-Black SRT Reps
- 20" American Racings Wheels (black w/ polished lip)
-Tinted Tails
-SRT Grill
-HID's
-SRT Roof Rails
-Commander Shift Nob
-Stillen Covers, etc.

Opinions are welcome.

Thanks,

Chris

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-24-2012 02:13 PM

Re: Thinking of selling my 2006 WK

do it

Amelie 01-24-2012 03:01 PM

I don't know man, your Jeep looks pretty sick. I'm not trying to be biased or anything but the VW Tiguan looks like a sissy or soccer mom vehicle lol. It doesn't say aggressive like your WK. You could keep your Jeep and take pride in all the mods you've done and be happy with that or you could be like most people and have to have "more, more, more".

swing4terps 01-24-2012 03:34 PM

I'm fairly certain you have the Light Khaki.

If you trade it in, I may be interested in some of your exterior parts since I wouldn't have to paint them. PM me if you make the move.

Good Luck.

Geevis 01-24-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reichminister Goebbels (Post 559693)
I don't know man, your Jeep looks pretty sick. I'm not trying to be biased or anything but the VW Tiguan looks like a sissy or soccer mom vehicle lol. It doesn't say aggressive like your WK. You could keep your Jeep and take pride in all the mods you've done and be happy with that or you could be like most people and have to have "more, more, more".

I go back and fourth on this subject every month or so.. Keep my already modded to my liking vehicle vs. something new with less chances of the equipment deteriorating.

It's not about wanting more, it's mainly about wanting to spend less time in the shop due to equipment failure on an aging vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swing4terps (Post 559716)
I'm fairly certain you have the Light Khaki.

If you trade it in, I may be interested in some of your exterior parts since I wouldn't have to paint them. PM me if you make the move.

Good Luck.

Light Khaki indeed.. I will keep you posted if I end up going that route.. I almost forgot I also have the mopar body kit that I may be interested in selling, but am not sure if I can remove the side body panels without damaging the clips. I know the front valence will come off with no problems.

Maybe we can work out a trade for your stock side panels.

Amelie 01-24-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geevis (Post 559731)
I go back and fourth on this subject every month or so.. Keep my already modded to my liking vehicle vs. something new with less chances of the equipment deteriorating.

It's not about wanting more, it's mainly about wanting to spend less time in the shop due to equipment failure on an aging vehicle.

How much equipment failure have you had to deal with to prompt you to want to switch?

Geevis 01-24-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reichminister Goebbels (Post 559733)
How much equipment failure have you had to deal with to prompt you to want to switch?

Knock on wood. Nothing major to date, but from past experiences this is the time when things start to go.. I mainly just want something newer (used) with low miles, and a warranty.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-24-2012 04:36 PM

i have almost twice your mileage and always follow the book on maintaining everything........ that being said i havent had any problems and i love my jeep!

Kreso 01-24-2012 05:05 PM

Proper service means everything. No problems for 5 y and most probably there will be no problem in the future.

BlackedOutWK 01-24-2012 07:16 PM

if you do sell i might be interested in your srt grille inserts and shift knob...

Megatron 01-24-2012 07:45 PM

Best of luck in your decision, whatever it may be.

Would be interested in your rails, if anything..

Robert Palmer 01-24-2012 07:54 PM

Look who popped out of nowhere?

Wassup Chris?!

Hey man the Jeep is paid off and still running good and looking good, why would you want to jump into something with payments?

Just sayin