Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Almost pulled the trigger (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/almost-pulled-the-trigger-34642.html)

JRsmoothee 01-24-2012 05:55 PM

Almost pulled the trigger

went out of town this weekend and almost bought wk2 srt8..... the car salesman didnt seem to interested in me and probably thought i was a young punk kid that was just dreaming, but little did he know i had enough money in my bank account to pay straight cash for it... looks like he missed out on a sale because of his attitude..... just thought i would vent

Amelie 01-24-2012 06:18 PM

Re: Almost pulled the trigger

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRsmoothee (Post 559835)
went out of town this weekend and almost bought wk2 srt8..... the car salesman didnt seem to interested in me and probably thought i was a young punk kid that was just dreaming, but little did he know i had enough money in my bank account to pay straight cash for it... looks like he missed out on a sale because of his attitude..... just thought i would vent

I bet if he knew that he would be pulling his hair out lol. You never know who a potential customer is. Why did you contemplate buying a WK2 SRT8? Your 09' WK not cutting it?

JRsmoothee 01-24-2012 07:39 PM

my 09 is just fine only 18000 miles and paid for...... but after finally seeing an srt8 in person (not many around montana) made me want it more, but i got a 9 month old son and am getting married in May and figured i would save my money for a nice down payment on a house

Amelie 01-27-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRsmoothee (Post 559905)
my 09 is just fine only 18000 miles and paid for...... but after finally seeing an srt8 in person (not many around montana) made me want it more, but i got a 9 month old son and am getting married in May and figured i would save my money for a nice down payment on a house

That sounds like a reasonable and smart option. No sense in going in the red over material wants lol.

Schleprock 01-27-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRsmoothee (Post 559905)

In other words, your initial post is all big talk. You were never buying this thing to begin with, and because the sales person knew this and didn't go along with the tire kicking you felt a need to call the person out.

FYI, not all car salesmen are dirty. And the ones who know their trade, know how to size customers up really quick by your actions and answers to specific questions they ask you ;)

Amelie 01-28-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 562140)
In other words, your initial post is all big talk. You were never buying this thing to begin with, and because the sales person knew this and didn't go along with the tire kicking you felt a need to call the person out.

So all dealers possess a 6th sense? I can see his point on salesmen being pre-judgemental based on your appearance and/or actions.

Quote:

FYI, not all car salesmen are dirty.

True, but quite a few are.

@JRsmoothee:

1) Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. :)

2) I would definitely save up on a down payment on a first house instead of having my vision clouded by materialism as most allow themselves to be.

3) That WK of yours have the First Gen. V8 or the Second Gen.? I think if you do the proper preventive maintenance that car should serve you well into the future.

HAMMMERHEAD 02-01-2012 02:02 PM

Yep priorites suck. But...look on the bright side, maybe you didnt notice but that 65K plus you have in the bank for the SRT8 purchase can be used towards your new home. You already have a very nice down payment unless you're looking at 1mm dollar homes.

JRsmoothee 02-01-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

FYI, not all car salesmen are dirty. And the ones who know their trade, know how to size customers up really quick by your actions and answers to specific questions they ask you ;)

mmmmm ok...... dont know why you feel the need to attack me or call me out...... i was simply stating that i was "tempted" to buy it, if this website is gonna be filled with dickheads like you, maybe i will stop posting here and go else where

Amelie 02-01-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRsmoothee (Post 565405)
mmmmm ok...... dont know why you feel the need to attack me or call me out...... i was simply stating that i was "tempted" to buy it, if this website is gonna be filled with dickheads like you, maybe i will stop posting here and go else where

I wouldn't let the actions of some users ruin your entire experience. Do stay.

Sammzway 02-08-2012 08:17 PM

Been there done that. Trust me, it feels great when you drive your brand new car(s) and pull them into the driveway of your own home. Only thing that hurts the most is waiting while the entire process works itself through... what I mean by that is getting married, purchasing your house and the next thing you know you're back into that dealership signing paper for that SRT8. Hang in there champ.

I remember when I sold my Maxima and bought a used Sentra because I had to save money for wedding and house.

Kadonny 02-08-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRsmoothee (Post 565405)

I would stop posting on the internet all together then. You come across dickheads all the time, you just learn to deal with them.

I'm not saying Schleprock is a dickhead, because I actually agree with him. I think you had absolutely no intention of buying the vehicle, no matter how good or bad the salesman was. You sort of dramatized being "tempted" to make a post and make conversation, not that there is anything wrong with that, just be ready to accept someone calling you out on it, that's all.

Just my opinion and it means absolutely jack squat.

Broomecar 02-08-2012 08:57 PM

I had a less than stellar experience with dealer but then I had an outstanding experience with another one. Because I am a woman the first salesman wanted to talk to the" husband " that really was not the best first step and it went down hill from there. To make a long story short I regrouped got on the internet and found a dealership that other folks had recommended as having a good reputation for customer service - it was a little bit of a drive but well worth it. There is good and bad service everywhere I am so sorry your experience was not what you had hoped for. I think perhaps your bad experience worked in your favor...that Jeep will come your way at a better time for you and your family. A new house is SWEET too. Best wishes.:)