Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   sunroof not fully closing '05 CG (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/sunroof-not-fully-closing-05-cg-3466.html)

KidFresh5.7 10-20-2009 05:10 PM

sunroof not fully closing '05 CG

My sunroof seems to be stopping about .25'' before it completely goes up to create a flat seal with the roof. 2005 grand cherokee limited, anyone else have a similar issue? Any suggestions?

blackpepper 10-20-2009 05:13 PM

Re: sunroof not fully closing '05 CG

Will it close all the way if you push the button again? If it's a common problem and I just deal with it :rolleyes:

Now if it's getting stuck, you should check the tracks when it's completely open to make sure nothing is impeding the glass. Maybe the tracks need to be greased...

Scottina06 10-20-2009 06:17 PM

I think it needs reset. I know the dealer can do it. I'm not sure if you can or not. You may want to try wkjeeps.com for info

saleen032 10-20-2009 07:51 PM

I know there is a TSB for it..dont know the number off hand..Check J4J like Scott said

06SRT8300C 10-20-2009 07:59 PM

I have had this happen a few times. The dealer can reset it. If you try to close it 3 times and it messes up than you can close it manually by holding the button.

KidFresh5.7 11-06-2009 12:26 PM

Found this online today, Hopefully it works because the dealer wants 60-80 just to tell me whats wrong

Vehicle: 2006 (DR) Ram Truck, 2005 - 2006 (LX) 300/Charger/Magnum, 2005 - 2006 (WK) Grand Cherokee, 2006 (XK) Commander
Concern: The rear of the sunroof glass is not flush with the roof of the vehicle. Possible windnoise or water leak.
Cause: Out of calibration
Resolution: First, UNCALIBRATE THE SUNROOF. Place the ignition switch in RUN position. Locate the sunroof fuse (Fuse 44 in the Power Distribution Center located in the trunk). While the sunroof is still in motion, have an assistant remove the sunroof fuse. Reinstall the sunroof fuse. Now, RECALIBRATE THE SUNROOF. Press and hold the sunroof vent switch until it stops at the full vent position. Verify sunroof operation by opening, closing, and venting the sunroof.
Details: If the above procedure is sucessful, have dealer reprogram/update the sunroof control module with new software.

KidFresh5.7 11-06-2009 08:33 PM

SUCCESS, used the above method and shes back flush with the roofline. You can do it as a one man job, As long as the sunroof is halfway open I found it doesn't have to be in motion when the fuse is pulled. Then plug it back in, push and hold the vent button until its all the way up and its all recalibrated. :)

KidFresh5.7 11-26-2010 05:00 PM

Bump for the solution, had it happen again, hopefully this will help someone else too

mjl2610 11-27-2010 12:59 AM

I just had my sunroof fixed by the dealer about two weeks ago. I took it in under warranty and the dealer claimed they flash the sunroof module and recalibrated it. Who knows.. but it works now.

2005JGC 11-28-2010 08:10 PM

I remember when I first started there was a flash for an ignition off draw caused by the sunroof module... seems that tsb is all but vanished (looked for it), maybe it was for another flash prior to the current level.

I would for sure check to see if there are updates, ultimately I had a wk waterleak a month or 2 ago that got the manual recalibration as stated above, module flash and still required a bit of manual adjustment at the mounts to make it completely flush.

White Chocolate 06-22-2011 09:34 PM

Just like to bump this. Thanks man, this issue just happened to me. The procedure you gave worked perfect for me!!

Thanks bro!! Rep for ya

ducks unlimited 06-22-2011 11:18 PM

im going to give this a try my sunroof doesnt sit flush and when i park it on a hill the next morning i drive the jeep water comes pouring thru the map light and thre passanger A pillar and D pillar