Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   430n low quality bluetooth streaming (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/430n-low-quality-bluetooth-streaming-34671.html)

wmansour510 01-25-2012 02:23 AM

430n low quality bluetooth streaming

Hello everyone. I just got my 2012 GC with the 430n head-unit. I love my new Jeep but the bluetooth streaming sound quality is horrible with my iPhone 4s!!! I also have another car with bluetooth streaming and the sound quality is very clear and crisp.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, are there any solutions?

It is a big issue for me because I like to be able to stream youtube songs and Pandora and also I like the audio controls on my phone over the head-unit. I am even considering replacing the head-unit with an aftermarket head-unit because of this issue.

Andrew Klossner 01-27-2012 01:38 AM

Re: 430n low quality bluetooth streaming

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmansour510 (Post 560185)
I am even considering replacing the head-unit with an aftermarket head-unit because of this issue.

You can go nuts chasing iPod/iPhone compatibility issues.

If you use a cable to connect your iPhone to the USB port in the center console, you'll get excellent sound quality.

Wvtaco 01-30-2012 09:00 PM

I don't have issues with Bluetooth streaming. iPhone 4s.
I prefer the aux over the USB. U retain full function of the phone.

GMTmin5 01-31-2012 06:08 AM

I've noticed bad quality streaming over bluetooth with my blackberry. Just decided to load up the HDD but it would be nice if the bluetooth was better.

BioTech 01-31-2012 03:54 PM

I have the 4s and had to get the uconnect firmware upgraded and now it works great. Before the upgrade it would skip and fast forward all the time, along with a hiss.

wmansour510 02-09-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioTech (Post 564538)
I have the 4s and had to get the uconnect firmware upgraded and now it works great. Before the upgrade it would skip and fast forward all the time, along with a hiss.

Which software version are you running now?

dustybroome 02-13-2012 10:03 PM

I had the same problem with my 2011 JGC with the 430n. I fixed after doing 2 software updates. My stereo software was running version 20.02.01. I found a lionk that let me update the software to 23.04.41. Read the thread:

http://www.jeepforu.com/forum/f309/430n-update-1200594/

Burned the iso to CD (not DVD) and popped it into the stereo. Happy that doing this brought the stereo up to current firmware, it unlocked Sirius basic radio service for free (heard it might work for free for a year!), and Travel Link features as well. Be warned that I cant guarantee that running this update will do all the awesome things it did for me, but it seems that reading through several forums, nobody seems to be experiencing issues. I think the radio knows if the update is compatible and will error out before the upgrade process starts.

Once I went through the update process, I threw caution to the wind and tried the uConnect update located in the following forum post:

http://www.ramforumz.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=38

i followed the instructions and voila! iPhone 4s works great both connected via bluetooth (no fast music with odd pauses when streaming) and also using the USB port in the center console. For me, it is nice to have access to both ways of connecting. I use the bluetooth for phone calls/streaming Pandora/internet radio, and the USB connection lets me access all the songs using the menus on the radio.

Just because this worked for me, I can't guarantee this will fix the issue but I have a 98% feeling that it will do the trick!

THEPRFCT10 03-07-2012 08:49 AM

The dealership should be able to update the software right?

«Sent from my Droid Charge»

xsdbs 03-13-2012 01:36 PM

The update mentioned above is only for 2011 vehicles with the RES, REQ, RHB or RBZ radios. For the 2012 vehicles with the same radios, Chrysler will have an update coming out to enhance the BTSA (Bluetooth Streaming Audio) Most phones have been supporting a lower bit pool till the Androids (and others started to follow) raised the Bit pool to about 35, Uconnect has now raised theirs to 54. When I find out an approximate date for the release I'll let the forum know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEPRFCT10 (Post 588425)
The dealership should be able to update the software right?

«Sent from my Droid Charge»

FlyFlip420 03-19-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsdbs (Post 592842)
The update mentioned above is only for 2011 vehicles with the RES, REQ, RHB or RBZ radios. For the 2012 vehicles with the same radios, Chrysler will have an update coming out to enhance the BTSA (Bluetooth Streaming Audio) Most phones have been supporting a lower bit pool till the Androids (and others started to follow) raised the Bit pool to about 35, Uconnect has now raised theirs to 54. When I find out an approximate date for the release I'll let the forum know.

How can you tell what radio you have? My issue is that my blue tooth music sounds like a phone call. It isn't true sou d at all. It is like it cuts some speakers or something to play....like it does with a bluetoothed phone all....any idea.

tallguy 03-21-2012 04:41 PM

On my 2012 (built in 02.2012) the iPhone 4 sounds the same both over the USB interface in the armrest and via Bluetooth streaming, I was actually surprised by that.
The sound is very good so maybe something is wrong with your phone/pairing?