Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Trail Rated? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/trail-rated-34691.html)

Mark Badke 01-25-2012 02:41 PM

Trail Rated?

I have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland with Quadra trac II and Quadra Lift but it was not trail rated anyone know regarding water fording if non trail rated overlands have the extra water resistant electrical parts and higher intakes like they say trail rated have ?i

Thanks
-Mark
:)

MSCA 01-25-2012 02:45 PM

Re: Trail Rated?

Are you just missing the badge? I've heard a few other people say that their Trail Rated badge was missing.

Mark Badke 01-25-2012 02:48 PM

No there was never a badge on it

peckmv 01-25-2012 02:54 PM

You have to get the Offroad Adventure package to get the trail rated badge.;)

RoMe2 01-25-2012 02:56 PM

What he is saying is the vehicle is probably trail rated, however, the dealership never put the trail rated badge on the vehicle. It happened with mine. It's no big deal just show your dealer the Window Sticker and point out the trail rated badge portion of it and tell them you don't have a badge on your vehicle. They will order the badge free of charge and put it on for you when it comes in.

Mark Badke 01-25-2012 03:38 PM

The invoice never said trail rated and I didnt get the off road adventure package when I purchased it. But I have installed skid plates and tow hooks on it now.

Yeti 01-25-2012 03:45 PM

The you're trail rated, :thumbsup:

I think the only other difference is wheels/tires.

Mark Badke 01-25-2012 03:49 PM

What about the water fording, I heard that the electrical parts are water resistant and the intake is higher on a trail rated, I crawled under one and checked mine no difference

1200RT-P 01-25-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoMe2 (Post 560488)
What he is saying is the vehicle is probably trail rated, however, the dealership never put the trail rated badge on the vehicle. It happened with mine. It's no big deal just show your dealer the Window Sticker and point out the trail rated badge portion of it and tell them you don't have a badge on your vehicle. They will order the badge free of charge and put it on for you when it comes in.

Badging comes from the factory, not dealer installed.

Jeeters 01-25-2012 04:57 PM

Yeah, I'm another one that didn't get the badge but was supposed to because I bought it with OR1 package (and it was even listed on the window sticker).

As for water fording... I'm not sure. I, too, have read a few things about supposed better protection for some of the wiring, but have no idea if it's true. I've only read about it here; never seen anything about it anywhere else. So if it's true, not sure where these people got the info. If not true, I suspect some people are just assuming it's the case because they know it was something done on previous Wranglers or whatnot.

RoMe2 01-25-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1200RT-P (Post 560571)

I know that, but you don't go back to the factory wherever it is and say Hey! you forgot this!. You go to the dealer that sold you the vehicle and they will handle the issue with the dealer.

PECo 01-25-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1200RT-P (Post 560571)

I'm pretty sure the kid who prepped my Overland with ORA II at the dealership told me that he put the "Trail Rated" badge on. But really, who gives a crap. RoMe2 is right. If my badge were missing and I wanted it, I'd tell the dealer.