Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Saw an SRT8 yesterday. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/saw-an-srt8-yesterday-34724.html)

elvisisdead 01-26-2012 12:08 PM

Saw an SRT8 yesterday.

And now I'm over it. It just looked really odd to me. It just didn't look right. I can't explain it, but I really just had an adverse reaction to it. It just looks out of place and like an 18 year old kid with an unlimited budget had at it.

It's a hell of a technological achievement, and I'm really proud of Chrysler for it. In photos, it looks gourgeous. On the road it looked like a nightmare, and not the good kind.:(

Megatron 01-26-2012 01:38 PM

Re: Saw an SRT8 yesterday.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ons/b6woxs.gif

lol, I'm just kidding.

At first I didn't like it when I saw on pictures. Diff story when I saw it in person and sat inside. Like everyone says, its personal preference. :thumbsup:

MSCA 01-26-2012 02:21 PM

I saw one on the road yesterday too. And my local Jeep dealership has one sitting in their showroom.

I actually think it looked better out on the road than it does in pictures. As much as I liked the dished design of the previous wheels, the new wheel design does look much better than I thought. And the fat-tire look really stands out.

bkwbkw 01-26-2012 03:21 PM

The reason as to why we've got a Grand Cherokee in our stable is because of the SRT-8 that parks in the same lot as I do at work. For two weeks I poked, prodded, and drooled over it. I'm certain that if a DNA test were to be completed, I'd be found guilty of molesting it.

Then when it came time to purchase my wife a new car, there was only one real choice. Unfortunately, trying to convince her she needed the SRT-8 to wheel the kids to/from soccor practice didnt pan out so well. However, she did fancy the Laredo :)

IRISH 01-26-2012 08:53 PM

When I first saw one in person I was not really impressed with the appearance either, I believe it might be the fender flares. It appeared to be huge in size compared to a normal WK2 (obviously not though)

Rlinder 01-26-2012 09:25 PM

Drop off my Laredo X at the dealer today for some warranty issues , and checked out newly arrived SRT8 parked at the front, very tempting. The sales manager will put together some numbers for me but expecting to get hosed on my trade-in since it's only 3 weeks old. Self discipline will be put to test..:o.

armoredsaint 01-26-2012 09:30 PM

i would love to have one, but i can't see myself dropping $60k for that - now for a BMW it wouldn't be a second thought.:D

Milous 01-26-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rlinder (Post 561422)
The sales manager will put together some numbers for me but expecting to get hosed on my trade-in since it's only 3 weeks old.

Just a guess:

They'll give you 90% of what you paid for your Laredo X (AFTER deducting any sales tax/license/doc fees, all of which will be a total loss).

They will offer you the Jeep at full MSRP, and will tell you that "we have been getting 5k over MSRP", so at MSRP you will be saving more than you lost on your trade".

With what it's going to cost you to trade up to the SRT you would be able to buy a 2nd Laredo X.

Rlinder 01-26-2012 09:44 PM

Yeah... but I don't need 2 Laredo Xs, one SRT8 will do fine:). I need to do more breathing excercise tonight...

MikeD 01-27-2012 03:12 PM

I actually liked it more in person but would never buy one, way too much $$ for what it is.

SixZeroFour 01-27-2012 03:20 PM

I agree with those who think it looks better in person. Very sharp, and OMG do I want a set of those wheels. The wheels caught my eye before the Jeep did but I think I'll have to pass at $1100 per wheel. I suppose that's not too out to lunch considering they are 20", forged, and downright amazing.

moosehead 01-27-2012 03:25 PM

My first eyeball of one live was in a showroom. Loved it. Still do. Agree with MikeD, too much $, plus I gotta go offroad a bit, along with heavy snowbound driving.

Second time I put an eyeball on one was on the road while driving. It literally did not occur to me that it was an SRT8 until I rolled up next to it and slightly in front of it ie: the red brembos, vented hood, and front damn gave it away. This is not a new thought, but it was shocking how undifferentiated it was from the WK2 from the backside.