Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Is MaxCare Lifetime a good care? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/is-maxcare-lifetime-a-good-care-34730.html)

Novemberr 01-26-2012 01:18 PM

Is MaxCare Lifetime a good care?

I'm looking at a 2012 GC limited V8 and not sure about this program.

Is it a real lifetime? How does it compare to factory warranty?

What is covered and not covered? Is there a co-pay or a hidden cost?

Many thanks for your input.

Hollywood 01-26-2012 01:28 PM

Re: Is MaxCare Lifetime a good care?

If you plan on keeping the vehicle a very long time (like forever - ha ha), I think this plan is a "no-brainer". Believe it or not, yes everything's covered, minus the common sense "maintenance" items (fluids, tires, brakes, belts, hoses, tune-up items, etc., etc,). The only "catch" if you want to call it that, is this. Say 15 years from now you own the vehicle and the "Blue Book Value" is $2500.00. Now your transmission goes and the cost to repair/replace is $3,000.00. The Maxcare Plan at this point will only pay out a maximum of the book value ($2,500.00 in this case), and then the plan terminates.

Keeping in mind all the electronics on these vehicles, and the meriad of items that can fail, it made sense to me to spend the $1,850.00 I paid for the plan, knowing full well that I plan on keeping the car for many, many years. I have no doubt that for me, this plan will pay for itself several times over! :thumbsup:

ColdCase 01-26-2012 01:40 PM

It is a factory warrantee. There are several deductable levels, from $0 (no quibling) to something like $300 I think. You pay the deductable for each repair.

Hollywood 01-26-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 561111)
It is a factory warrantee. There are several deductable levels, from $0 (no quibling) to something like $300 I think. You pay the deductable for each repair.

Absolutely correct. I got the $100.00 deductible per incident for the $1,850.00 I mentioned above.

Novemberr 01-26-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 561096)
If you plan on keeping the vehicle a very long time (like forever - ha ha), I think this plan is a "no-brainer". Believe it or not, yes everything's covered, minus the common sense "maintenance" items (fluids, tires, brakes, belts, hoses, tune-up items, etc., etc,). The only "catch" if you want to call it that, is this. Say 15 years from now you own the vehicle and the "Blue Book Value" is $2500.00. Now your transmission goes and the cost to repair/replace is $3,000.00. The Maxcare Plan at this point will only pay out a maximum of the book value ($2,500.00 in this case), and then the plan terminates.

Keeping in mind all the electronics on these vehicles, and the meriad of items that can fail, it made sense to me to spend the $1,850.00 I paid for the plan, knowing full well that I plan on keeping the car for many, many years. I have no doubt that for me, this plan will pay for itself several times over! :thumbsup:

Appreciate your explanation.
Yes, I intend to keep the truck long. Is the program transferable?

Can I say that it covers most electronic parts (camshaft sensor, oxygen sensor, power generator, water pump, thermometer, etc.) and mechanic parts (engine, transmission, ball joint, CV boot, arms, bushings, etc.)?

I think it's great worry free program if it covers that much even with a reasonable deductible.

Novemberr 01-26-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 561134)
Absolutely correct. I got the $100.00 deductible per incident for the $1,850.00 I mentioned above.

Is deductible per part or per visit?
For example, if repair power generator and water pump at one visit, should pay $100 or $200.

How to define the level of deductible?

Thanks for great help.

ErikRP 01-26-2012 02:07 PM

I wish Chrysler/Jeep offered a lifetime warranty on their products in Canada. I'd have jumped at it if it was available.

ColdCase 01-26-2012 02:14 PM

The lifetime plan is not transferable, some portion is refundable for cancellations, but I don't recall the details. Other plans like the 70,000 miles are transferable.

Hollywood 01-26-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novemberr (Post 561135)
Appreciate your explanation.
Yes, I intend to keep the truck long. Is the program transferable?

Can I say that it covers most electronic parts (camshaft sensor, oxygen sensor, power generator, water pump, thermometer, etc.) and mechanic parts (engine, transmission, ball joint, CV boot, arms, bushings, etc.)?

I think it's great worry free program if it covers that much even with a reasonable deductible.

It basically covers EVERYTHING except maintenance items. No, I don't believe it's transferable. The deductible is "per visit", not per job. So if you went in to have your water pump and starter replaced, you'd still only pay $100.00 for the day.

KevInSoCal 01-26-2012 02:22 PM

With all due respect for everyone answering your questions here...

For peace of mind, you should call Chrysler customer service with your questions. They have a department for warranties and can send you a sample of the contract.

Novemberr 01-26-2012 02:22 PM

Thanks a lot. You guys helped me to go for it.
Great people, this forum rocks.

peckmv 01-26-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 561154)
It basically covers EVERYTHING except maintenance items. No, I don't believe it's transferable. The deductible is "per visit", not per job. So if you went in to have your water pump and starter replaced, you'd still only pay $100.00 for the day.

I was told by the warantee people that your deductible is per repair issue, not per day. So if you have an O2 sensor bad and a bad water pump and they are repaired at the same visit, then you pay for two deductibles. You might want to verify this.