Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Flowmaster 50 Series illegal? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/flowmaster-50-series-illegal-3475.html)

Andrew 10-20-2009 08:18 PM

Flowmaster 50 Series illegal?

So apparently my step dad thinks my muffler is too loud.
He says the cops will pull me over and I will get a ticket.

Sorry, i got to vent. He's such an asshole.

I walk into the house and he asking me why my muffler is so loud.
First off, its a 50 series, I didn't think it was that loud. It's not a Super 40, haha.

I said, idk.. It just is.
So as i'm walking up the stairs, he told me I'd get in trouble because it's illegal. I said, okay? I highly doubt that, go call the cops for me. I told him. lol.

Then he says. "**** YOU".

I dont know what his problem is.
Always questioning my personal stuff. Why this, why that. Oh this is better. He's that kind of person. So ****ing annoying.

Anyways, is it illegal?

Thanks for your time guys! :) ha.

Chaoul1 10-20-2009 08:19 PM

Re: Flowmaster 50 Series illegal?

They sound almost stock don't they...maybe a little throaty? Not to put you out there Joe but I mean Andrew have you heard Joe's??????? It's the loudest 5.7L out there with the headers on!

Robert Palmer 10-20-2009 08:20 PM

Show him a video of my Jeep and say "now thats loud". He will then shut up. LMAO

Andrew 10-20-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 83687)
They sound almost stock don't they...maybe a little throaty?

At some point of my throttling, it will sound deep, but not extreme. Just a good beasty sound.

Doesn't help when I had a Cherokee in front of me, and a laredo behind me when i pulled into my driveway. he wont believe me anyways. ha.

Chris 10-20-2009 08:20 PM

No it's not illegal, as far as being too loud, that depends on how much of an asshole the cop that would even attempt to pull you over and ticket you for it! lol..

hemi.jon 10-20-2009 08:20 PM

in most states there is a law against a "loud" exhaust..FL happens to something about it (id have to look it up) but no one enforces it..theres alot of dumb bs as laws that dont get used unless your an ass to the officer and they want to hit you with something. its the magical world of laws..

Andrew 10-20-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 83690)
No it's not illegal, as far as being too loud, that depends on how much of an asshole the cop that would even attempt to pull you over and ticket you for it! lol..

Thanks guys, you make me happy! :) haha.
This place heals my troubles! Ah. :)

Chris 10-20-2009 08:22 PM

Now go out there and romp on the gas a few times to piss him off! :D

Andrew 10-20-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 83698)
Now go out there and romp on the gas a few times to piss him off! :D

Hahaha, its a little late for that. He's literally in his room pouting. After I went into my room, he stormed off and slammed his door. haha. My mom is like, if it gets too loud on your jeep, you need to get rid of it. I'm like, mom, I MODIFIED my jeep to make it that loud. It wont get any louder. It is, what it is.

God, moms just dont get it!

Chris 10-20-2009 08:28 PM

Man I went through the same stuff with my parents when I first started modding my cars at home.. lol

"thats illegal" .. "thats gonna void the warrenty" ... "that looks/sounds like crap" yada yada..

They get over it and let you do whatever eventually! :) Then you move out, and do whatever the heck you want! hahaha

Andrew 10-20-2009 08:41 PM

My mom loves my jeep. But its the illegal crap she worries over. Like it's too good to be true, so shes adds in the "oh, that's illegal". haha.

I'm 20 years old, let me do what i want. Damn. lol.

Chris 10-20-2009 08:45 PM

You pay for the car and insurance right? If you do, that's all they need to know! If anything happens with something you added, you can take care of it yourself bro, let em know! lol