Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   Thinking of replacing Kicker amp with aftermarket - harness? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/thinking-of-replacing-kicker-amp-with-aftermarket-harness-34767.html)

HemiDawg 01-27-2012 09:09 AM

Thinking of replacing Kicker amp with aftermarket - harness?

I have been playing around with my system since installing the Kicker upgrade and I am still not thrilled with it. I remember reading someplace on here about a harness/ adapter that will allow you to connect an aftermarket amp into the factory wiring in place of the Kicker amp. Can someone please provde some info on this harness?

Thanks!

robpp 01-27-2012 10:57 AM

Contact diboblo of lxharness on vendor area. He can hook u up

HemiDawg 01-27-2012 04:12 PM

Re: Thinking of replacing Kicker amp with aftermarket - harness?

Cool, thanks!

Diboblo 01-28-2012 10:35 AM

You'll either need the Pac-Audio C2A-CHY23, or C2A-CHY3, depending on your CANBUS network.

Visit the pac-audio dot com and take a look at both of these options. This is a plug and play black box that allows you to install an aftermarket amp for your subs, or even a multi channel amp to run your cabin speakers, using the OEM head unit. No cutting, or splicing necessary.

Hope this helps,
Bob

HemiDawg 01-28-2012 11:31 AM

Excellent, thanks!!!

antsjeep 01-30-2012 10:08 AM

Kinda sucks that you'll loose the bass, mid and treble controls off the stock radio with that.

The only other way i could think of would be to get a 4channel LOC and use the stock amp's speaker level outs to feed the LOC, then just run a set of rca's to your new 4channel amp.

Going this route would retain all of your audio functions as if it were stock. This is NOT plug n Play obviously, but it is an alternative and cost's $100 less. Besides... the only wires you would be cutting are the speaker leads off the stock amp.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28

HemiDawg 01-30-2012 11:08 AM

OK, just took a look at both of those (one is discontinued) and that is not what I am looking for. I just want to replace the Kicker amp with an aftermarket 6-channel amp and retain all controls. If that can't be done, then I guess I will have to live with what I've got. Not looking for a full aftermarket swap - used to do that back in my younger years. Dont have the time and have better things to waste my money on.

antsjeep 01-30-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiDawg (Post 563574)
OK, just took a look at both of those (one is discontinued) and that is not what I am looking for. I just want to replace the Kicker amp with an aftermarket 6-channel amp and retain all controls. If that can't be done, then I guess I will have to live with what I've got. Not looking for a full aftermarket swap - used to do that back in my younger years. Dont have the time and have better things to waste my money on.

you wont loose any controls using the LOC i explained. The only difference is, is that you would have to leave the kicker amp installed... either that or re-install another BA amp that can be bought for under $50 used (i know you sold your BA setup a while back for the kicker upgrade) and sell your kicker amp.

HemiDawg 01-31-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antsjeep (Post 563641)
you wont loose any controls using the LOC i explained. The only difference is, is that you would have to leave the kicker amp installed... either that or re-install another BA amp that can be bought for under $50 used (i know you sold your BA setup a while back for the kicker upgrade) and sell your kicker amp.

Must have me confused with someone else - still have full BA system.

antsjeep 02-01-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiDawg (Post 564359)
Must have me confused with someone else - still have full BA system.

my bad... i coulda swore you upgraded.

HemiDawg 02-01-2012 09:59 AM

I did upgrade speakers and amp, but I still have my BA setup sitting in the basement.

Anyway, I think I may have found a fix. My biggest complaint with the Kicker system is I didn't feel like I was getting the highs like I used to get from my factory system I had in my X5. I started playing around with my iPod settings and set the equalizer on it to "treble booster" - seems to have helped a lot and I still have decent bass response.