Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Reconditioned rim? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/reconditioned-rim-34772.html)

cyanideg 01-27-2012 10:54 AM

Reconditioned rim?

So someone hit my Jeep a few weeks back and now its in the body shop. the rim is scuffed and chipped. The body shop tried to order a new rim from Cry but they are on backorder. They called me today to ask me if they could send it out to someone to get reconditioned instead. What do you guys think? Should I get it reconditioned or wait for a new rim? These things are like $1300ea.

What I was thinking is I could have them get it reconditioned and if i dont like it then ill tell them i wanna new rim. win win i guess?

Or I could ask them if they would send all 4 out to get powder coated black. Thoughts? Need help!

Megatron 01-27-2012 11:38 AM

Re: Reconditioned rim?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanideg (Post 561656)

Or I could ask them if they would send all 4 out to get powder coated black. Thoughts? Need help!

:D:thumbsup:

kbench55 01-27-2012 12:27 PM

If it is still driveable on the old rim, I would wait for the new one. IMO

NYSLICKSRT8 01-27-2012 01:00 PM

I would get them black powder coated, I did a satin black and they came out mint!

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-27-2012 01:44 PM

have them recondition this one for now and also order a new one. reconditioning isnt expensive

Scottina06 01-27-2012 01:48 PM

I may be able to help you. I know someone pretty high up at Srt....lol

sent from my HTC EVO

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-27-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 561778)
I may be able to help you. I know someone pretty high up at Srt....lol

sent from my HTC EVO

:lol::thumbsup:

GreggSRT8 01-27-2012 02:26 PM

I have a similar situation, my rim was damaged while my jeep was in the possession of the dealer. The service manager did not want to take a chance of reconditioning the rim and ordered a new one. Mine too is on backorder.

Scott if you can make a call I'd like mine sooner than 3-4 weeks :) PM Me - lol

Robert Palmer 01-27-2012 02:34 PM

You tell them while its out on back order, you have the rim reconditioned in the meantime. It costs like a hundred bucks.

Scottina06 01-27-2012 03:50 PM

Ive made a call to my contact at SRT and he had me contact Mopar parts....as soon as I hear somehting...Ill let you guys know.

cyanideg 01-27-2012 04:39 PM

thx so much!

Roger Mathias 01-27-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanideg (Post 561656)
So someone hit my Jeep a few weeks back and now its in the body shop. the rim is scuffed and chipped. The body shop tried to order a new rim from Cry but they are on backorder. They called me today to ask me if they could send it out to someone to get reconditioned instead. What do you guys think? Should I get it reconditioned or wait for a new rim? These things are like $1300ea.

What I was thinking is I could have them get it reconditioned and if i dont like it then ill tell them i wanna new rim. win win i guess?

If your jeep is black I would get them Black Chrome . For the stock rim to be recondition there are 2 colors they first color is black the 2nd is what we see not sure what color it is being called.