Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Why I hate Jeep dealers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/why-i-hate-jeep-dealers-35613.html)

Breitling65 01-29-2012 02:26 PM

Why I hate Jeep dealers

Less than two weeks ago I did oil change and other service in one of NJ Jeep dealerships. Yesterday I found that my washer liquid level is low since light been flashed on dash. I opened hood to add some and oh well .... plastic gap for washer liquid is open!!! It splashed for two weeks all over around my engine ... :(
That is why I would never-ever go to the dealer unless I need to do warranty repairs. Just in case I checked other things like oil gap and deep sticks, all in place thanks to god. That is f...g scary especially since they charged me extra $17 for world class check-up of my car!

moosehead 01-29-2012 02:42 PM

Re: Why I hate Jeep dealers

Seems like a pretty strong reaction for something so small, eh?

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-29-2012 02:47 PM

Yep, kind of an over reaction. Could have happened anywhere. I always check under the hood after picking my vehicles up from having any work done.

Breitling65 01-29-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 562986)
Seems like a pretty strong reaction for something so small, eh?

Might be if you find this same day, but not two after weeks of driving and splashing washer all over engine ...

Breitling65 01-29-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 562991)
Yep, kind of an over reaction. Could have happened anywhere. I always check under the hood after picking my vehicles up from having any work done.

Well it was my first visit to the dealer. Besides they charged $17 for world class check-up service.... Scary is that you don't know now what else they forget to do there?

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-29-2012 04:04 PM

if you looked under the hood when you picked it up you would have caught it right away.

americanbulldog 01-29-2012 04:22 PM

I always double check everyone's work when I'm paying for it, not just auto mechanics.

Breitling65 01-29-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 563025)
if you looked under the hood when you picked it up you would have caught it right away.

I am sure I would do if I knew :) But anyway, that is horrible in my opinion.

armoredsaint 01-29-2012 04:51 PM

someone need to step away from the internet

walterhudson 01-29-2012 06:59 PM

I always check my vehicle after any service. From various dealers over the years, I have received my Jeep back with a significantly low oil level, a rag right on the exhaust manifold, missing screws holding the air filter on, a refilled windshield washer container with summer fluid in the winter [I live in the northern Rockies], tires over or under inflated, and a missing tire jack.

AAAA 01-29-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterhudson (Post 563111)
I always check my vehicle after any service. From various dealers over the years, I have received my Jeep back with a significantly low oil level, a rag right on the exhaust manifold, missing screws holding the air filter on, a refilled windshield washer container with summer fluid in the winter [I live in the northern Rockies], tires over or under inflated, and a missing tire jack.

Now, that is a really really bad news dealer.:(

walterhudson 01-30-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 563193)
Now, that is a really really bad news dealer.:(

That wasn't the same dealer that screwed up but two in NY and one in MT.