Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

painted skid plate

4K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Scottina06 
#1 ·
okay so i noticed some rust on my skid plates, and figured i would sand them down and paint them with rust check paint before the winter..

it started out like this..

( i know the pictures are not the best, don't know why, camera was acting funny )

and turned out something like this..

i attempted to use the red paint shown in the pictures, but when i started to spray the side to see how it would look, it looked somewhat pink, and so i decided to be safe and go with a metal looking black..

what do you think?

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice job Andrew!

#5 ·
my fog lights where removed because the extreme white piaa fog lights i had installed, well they over heated and cracked and yea now they not working..

i have a new set of yellow fogs on the way :) should be a lot better and hopefully not overheat haha.

glad you guys like it, i think once i do the back skid plate it will look a lot better from all angles, and yes, i will update my signature soon enough lol

#8 ·
I like the way that looks alot, how much was that skid plate? im thinking of getting one i like to try and crawl snowbanks in the winter i cracked the air dam last yr had to buy another that would come in handy.

#10 ·
thanks for all the feed back :)

nah the bottle of water was there to take off all the dry dirt, lol, and yea i suppose in case something went terribly wrong haha,

the skid plate was roughly $250, and the paint was $10, and the sand paper was $2.99 haha, those prices are CAD prices,

with a little elbow grease and some time, it turned out not bad at all, now its time i work on the rear skid plate after school on monday :)

#11 ·
Nice job, finally someone painted one of those things black.

Paint your radiator support black!!!!

#13 ·
Thanks everyone, i am glad you guys liked it and thank you for the feedback :)

i will get started on the rear skid plate as soon as possible and post up some pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.