Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   HID bulb or Ballast? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/hid-bulb-or-ballast-3618.html)

White WK Swagga 10-27-2009 09:13 AM

HID bulb or Ballast?

I had one of my low 6k (left side)was running a lot brighter than the other like a high aimed down like a low. Then a day or 2 later it started strobing on me. I swapped bulbs with the other side and same thing (still the left was f*cked up) so it wasn't the bulb. So I swap ballst with the fog and everything was ok I know it's halloween and all but damn I felt like I was driving an 89 honda CRX So I get in the jeep today and get to work and notice the fog isn't working. You think it's the ballst? and can you change single ballst or do it in pairs like bulbs?

B.P.O.D 10-27-2009 09:19 AM

Re: HID bulb or Ballast?

yeah you can swap out ballasts by them selves. sounds like a ballast

Matt 10-27-2009 09:21 AM

Yeah, sounds like a ballast.

White WK Swagga 10-27-2009 09:22 AM

ok I'll pm Tony..... He's been awesome so far...

B.P.O.D 10-27-2009 09:23 AM

yeah his cust service is top notch IMO!!!

Chaoul1 10-27-2009 09:50 AM

Ballast for sure. Just go over and check the wiring in case. Make sure there's no cuts in the wire. You never know until you check.

Scottina06 10-27-2009 11:54 AM

check both fuses on your harness. I recently had my pass side HID go out and after trouble shooting...found the fuse that was just before the battery on my relay harness bad. Mine was a 15 amp.

White WK Swagga 10-27-2009 12:11 PM

Ill check that too Scott. I'll prob just change them both anyway even if they're good. It's like $2. for fuses so I'll know it's not them. I also swappes relays too. But I keep spare relays just incase. I don't want to be stuck anywhere w/o headlights cause of a relay you know.

harricanfloyd 11-01-2009 03:08 PM

One of my bulbs stopped working, and one hid light stayed on even though the light switch was off. Ended up being the relay harness went bad. May wanna check dat too...

B.P.O.D 11-02-2009 10:42 AM

fixed?

White WK Swagga 11-02-2009 10:48 AM

Waiting for ballast to come from Tony but now I'm noticing the bulbs arent sitting snug for the lows. If I hold them up to the back of the housing the cut off and light pattern is much better. is there a way to tighten it?

B.P.O.D 11-02-2009 11:26 AM

did you insert them properly and turn them to tighten them? i have no issues like that with mine