Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   730N RHR lost volume control (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/730n-rhr-lost-volume-control-36253.html)

GFY8 01-29-2012 11:18 PM

730N RHR lost volume control

Well I parked my Jeep to go grab some food. When I left the car I was listening to FM and it was fine. Then when I got back in 30 mins later no sound would come out of the speakers. The volume knob would not work neither would the steering wheel control work. Very odd I tried activating a nav route and no audio would come out. Tried voice commands, phone, dvd, sat, aux and ......... Hmm Any one have this problem?

77Cherokee 01-30-2012 10:10 AM

Re: 730N RHR lost volume control

There have been similar glitches reported in other threads. It should correct itself, but if not, have it looked at and possibly replaced under warranty.

markp99 01-30-2012 10:27 AM

Yes, I have had that issue ~3 times in last 8 mos but have not had it looked at.

Each time it corrected itself after stopping/restarting the engine (pwr button also disabled).

GFY8 01-30-2012 12:34 PM

Well I cycled it on and off a
Few times. It sat over night so will see what it does this morning. If nothing I'll try and go straight to the dealer so they can make a note of it.

Snipe315 01-30-2012 03:27 PM

I had a similar problem when I picked up my WK2 after getting it serviced at the dealership.

Neither FM or AM radios would work. I couldn't change stations, or raise the volume. They didn't respond at all. The weird thing was that the music on my HDD, SAT Radio, and everything else continued to work just fine. Only the FM and AM seemed to be frozen.

After I shut the vehicle down and restarted it, everything started working again.

This has only happened that one time.

*sox* 01-30-2012 03:33 PM

.....only remove the radiofuse.

tatooz 02-09-2012 11:25 PM

I have had this happen twice in 7 months of ownership. Like others have commented, I let it sit overnight and the problem corrected itself. The last time this happened I went into the menu screen and the "audio" button was greyed-out. I tried to take it for service and was given the runaround by my USELESS dealer. Said that glitches like this happen and if they cant reproduce the issue, then they cant fix it. I even asked for a TSB update and they said they wont do it unless something is wrong. My home address does not keep and I have lost presets as well.

*sox* 02-10-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatooz (Post 570880)
I have had this happen twice in 7 months of ownership. Like others have commented, I let it sit overnight and the problem corrected itself. The last time this happened I went into the menu screen and the "audio" button was greyed-out. I tried to take it for service and was given the runaround by my USELESS dealer. Said that glitches like this happen and if they cant reproduce the issue, then they cant fix it. I even asked for a TSB update and they said they wont do it unless something is wrong. My home address does not keep and I have lost presets as well.

you have install the 2.120 version?

GFY8 02-12-2012 04:21 AM

So I narrowed it down. It's when I play music off of my iPhone 4 plugged in to any of the USB ports. Then switch to another audio source and back again. Using Pandora app for music.

Now I use my iPod (when I listen to audio books and come back to the car it plays it super fast!!!!)

m3thod 03-07-2012 09:28 AM

This happened to me last night and it scared the hell out of me. I upgraded to 2.120 yesterday.

Mine was a little different though. My iphone 4S was plugged into the USB port. After going in reverse it didn't change from backup camera back to audio. The backup camera just stayed up. I then stopped and turned the car on and off which got the menu's back but there was no audio. Popped the hood and found the amp/radio fuse, pulled that, and then started the car up again. Audio and full functionality of playing music off the iphone over usb was back.