Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   Radio Swap (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/radio-swap-36426.html)

DaGreenMile 01-30-2012 12:42 PM

Radio Swap

I have a 2005 JGC Limited with the REC Radio-Nav,6 disc, no backup cam, i was wondering if i can swap it out for the mygig because i want the ipod hookup and if possible later down the road to hook up the back up cam

swing4terps 01-30-2012 12:45 PM

Re: Radio Swap

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaGreenMile (Post 563651)
I have a 2005 JGC Limited with the REC Radio-Nav,6 disc, no backup cam, i was wondering if i can swap it out for the mygig because i want the ipod hookup and if possible later down the road to hook up the back up cam

You'll need a lockpick.

DaGreenMile 01-30-2012 12:52 PM

what is that and what is the differents between the REC and The RER and what is lockpick

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-30-2012 12:59 PM

I have a mygig in mine. You will need a mygig, lockpick, sat antenna, sirius antenna, microphone, camera and bezel adapter. The rec sucks, the mygig is touchscreen, has a hard drive and is a mich better system

DaGreenMile 01-30-2012 01:01 PM

Also how will i go about because i have the Rear DVD, and how will i use my UConnect because i see the MyGig has the controls on the unit and i already have the controls on my Rear View mirror

DaGreenMile 01-30-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 563660)
I have a mygig in mine. You will need a mygig, lockpick, sat antenna, sirius antenna, microphone, camera and bezel adapter. The rec sucks, the mygig is touchscreen, has a hard drive and is a mich better system

i already have these things or do i have to replace them my uconnect is located in my rear view mirror and i have sat antenna, im not sure what the lockpick is i have the rec with nav and rear dvd will this have any effect on the things i have already

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-30-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaGreenMile (Post 563664)
i already have these things or do i have to replace them my uconnect is located in my rear view mirror and i have sat antenna, im not sure what the lockpick is i have the rec with nav and rear dvd will this have any effect on the things i have already

Your current components wont work witht the mygig. The new parts are cheap and simple to replace

DaGreenMile 01-30-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 563670)
Your current components wont work witht the mygig. The new parts are cheap and simple to replace

thats crazy what about my gps ant thats located on the roof of my JGC and will i still be able to use my rear dvd that came with the truck

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-30-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaGreenMile (Post 563699)
thats crazy what about my gps ant thats located on the roof of my JGC and will i still be able to use my rear dvd that came with the truck

You dont have a gps antenna on your roof, it is under your dashboard. The new antenna is like $20

DaGreenMile 01-30-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 563705)
You dont have a gps antenna on your roof, it is under your dashboard. The new antenna is like $20

then what is the thing on my roof is that for sat radio

antsjeep 01-30-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaGreenMile (Post 563708)
then what is the thing on my roof is that for sat radio

yes.

DaGreenMile 01-30-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antsjeep (Post 563713)
yes.

so can i still use that for my sat radio

also ima need a list of everything ima have to change and replace and no one has told me yet if this will affect my rear dvd VES