Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/)
-   -   Has anyone seen/used this head unit? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/has-anyone-seen-used-this-head-unit-36469.html)

CameronG 01-30-2012 10:52 PM

Has anyone seen/used this head unit?
 
I was looking for a Nav Head Unit and came across this. It looks awesome, but it's not of a brand name and I can't seem to find any reviews that I feel I can rely on. If anyone has this or know someone who has it, please chime in. I think I would like it, but I want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth.
http://www.sundaybuy.com/Car-DVD-pla...io-TV_985.html

Amelie 01-31-2012 12:38 PM

Re: Has anyone seen/used this head unit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CameronG (Post 564127)
I was looking for a Nav Head Unit and came across this. It looks awesome, but it's not of a brand name and I can't seem to find any reviews that I feel I can rely on. If anyone has this or know someone who has it, please chime in. I think I would like it, but I want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth.
http://www.sundaybuy.com/Car-DVD-pla...io-TV_985.html

That looks cool, I've never been too big on built-in nav units. I usually just like a cool functional head unit. Maybe look on Ebay for some WJ OEM NAV's and if you can't find any at an affordable price I would say go with what you feel is right.

CameronG 01-31-2012 12:53 PM

Re: Has anyone seen/used this head unit?
 
Well, my Garmin was recently stolen and I've been looking to replace the Wal-Mart Head that the PO had installed so I took it as a sign to go with a built-in navi. The rear-view camera option was also a big push. However, I think I'm just going to go with the Nuvi 3490LM and buy the head unit that came from factory. Low-Pro style.

Amelie 01-31-2012 12:59 PM

Re: Has anyone seen/used this head unit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CameronG (Post 564449)
Well, my Garmin was recently stolen and I've been looking to replace the Wal-Mart Head that the PO had installed so I took it as a sign to go with a built-in navi. The rear-view camera option was also a big push. However, I think I'm just going to go with the Nuvi 3490LM and buy the head unit that came from factory. Low-Pro style.

Cool, I have the Infinity Gold stereo package with the 10-disc in the back yet no CD controls or CD-player in the head unit so the entire time I've had the car I've had to listen to the radio which sucks. This is what I"m thinking of getting.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...eiver/KDC-X895

Nice avatar pic and nice Jeep by the way.

CameronG 01-31-2012 02:54 PM

Re: Has anyone seen/used this head unit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reichminister Goebbels (Post 564452)
Cool, I have the Infinity Gold stereo package with the 10-disc in the back yet no CD controls or CD-player in the head unit so the entire time I've had the car I've had to listen to the radio which sucks. This is what I"m thinking of getting.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...eiver/KDC-X895

Nice avatar pic and nice Jeep by the way.

Woah there, be careful. I hear if you call your Jeep a car 3 times, the engine seizes. Lol just messin' buddy.
Cool, that'll look nice. I had the same factory set-up as you, but when my speakers started to crack I bought Kenwood Excelons for them. The 10 disk was removed by the PO as well, I'm probably gonna buy a new one if I go with the factory replacement HU.
Thank you, sir. I still have a ton of work to do on her and might even take everything off and start fresh due to some poor choices.

Amelie 01-31-2012 02:58 PM

Re: Has anyone seen/used this head unit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CameronG (Post 564515)
Woah there, be careful. I hear if you call your Jeep a car 3 times, the engine seizes. Lol just messin' buddy.
Cool, that'll look nice. I had the same factory set-up as you, but when my speakers started to crack I bought Kenwood Excelons for them. The 10 disk was removed by the PO as well, I'm probably gonna buy a new one if I go with the factory replacement HU.
Thank you, sir. I still have a ton of work to do on her and might even take everything off and start fresh due to some poor choices.

lol no problem, What poor choices have you think you made?

CameronG 01-31-2012 05:29 PM

Re: Has anyone seen/used this head unit?
 
Well, when I started the modding process, I had no clear vision of where I wanted to go with it. Most notably, I slapped on a bull bar with Hella's and bought the LED:Halo Gen 3's. These were all poor choices as now, half a year or so later, I want the CCFL:Halo's and despise purchasing the light bar. If I ever wanted to take the Jeep offroad, it would lessen my approach angle, and I live in Suburbia so the Hella's don't get used at all.
No big deal, I just wish I had put the money towards mods that I would enjoy more.

Amelie 01-31-2012 05:31 PM

Re: Has anyone seen/used this head unit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CameronG (Post 564587)
Well, when I started the modding process, I had no clear vision of where I wanted to go with it. Most notably, I slapped on a bull bar with Hella's and bought the LED:Halo Gen 3's. These were all poor choices as now, half a year or so later, I want the CCFL:Halo's and despise purchasing the light bar. If I ever wanted to take the Jeep offroad, it would lessen my approach angle, and I live in Suburbia so the Hella's don't get used at all.
No big deal, I just wish I had put the money towards mods that I would enjoy more.

lol yeah I can see what you mean. If you have an HID setup it kind of negates those Hella mounted bar lights. You could always put your headlight in the oven and take it part and install your own CCFL's. It would be cheaper than buying all new housings.

CameronG 01-31-2012 05:38 PM

Re: Has anyone seen/used this head unit?
 
I've thought seriously about that. Do you have a recommended place to buy the rings?

Amelie 01-31-2012 05:41 PM

Re: Has anyone seen/used this head unit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CameronG (Post 564596)
I've thought seriously about that. Do you have a recommended place to buy the rings?

You would have to determine the size for the low and high beam spots but this is what I use for my setup.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=103

CameronG 01-31-2012 05:46 PM

Re: Has anyone seen/used this head unit?
 
Okay cool, I'll figure it out and order ASAP. Many thanks, my good man.

Amelie 01-31-2012 05:46 PM

Re: Has anyone seen/used this head unit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CameronG (Post 564602)
Okay cool, I'll figure it out and order ASAP. Many thanks, my good man.

No problem :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community