Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   EVERYONE PLEASE READ; Thank You (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/everyone-please-read-thank-you-36471.html)

J13ntv 01-30-2012 10:58 PM

EVERYONE PLEASE READ; Thank You

Hello everyone; as many of you may see there are a few Mods, myself being one of them, that try to patrol the WK2 forums to keep it as organized as we can. Being organized makes new members, as well as old, the ability to quickly find their relevant topic in a sub-forum. This reduces clutter such as double posts, saves people time when searching for a specific topic (ie. Audio issues, exhaust, troubleshooting etc) and keeps the main general WK2 forum free for topics which don't quite fit in a sub-forum.

As the vehicle is still a buzzing topic, combined with the thousands of members we have, its difficult to keep on top of everything all the time.

You may ask, what does this have to do with us members?

It has everything to do with the community as a whole. One way you as a member can help Scott and the crew is by trying to post in the correct subforums if your thread/topic fits into a sub-forum. Not only in WK2 forum, but all forums if you frequent others on JG.

For an easy example: Many threads are being posted in the generalized WK2 forum dealing with clearly troubleshooting issues. Anytime you are questioning a "squeak, rattle, grinding noise, engine misfire, shudder, etc" it should start and end in the troubleshooting sub-forum not the WK2 general forum. Tires? There is a tire sub-forum. Navigation/Audio? There is a sub-forum. and so on and so on. If you don't quite know where your topic falls, maybe it doesn't fit in a sub-forum, place it in the WK2 general forum and it will be moved if a MOD thinks it fits better else where.

TO ALL THOSE THAT ALREADY POST IN THE SUB-FORUMS- THANK YOU VERY MUCH
TO THE MEMBERS WHO WILL START POSTING IN CORRECT SUB-FORUMS- THANK YOU

The more you help in trying to be organized, the better, for the new, old and future community residents!

Thank you on behalf of the MOD team

armoredsaint 01-31-2012 10:20 AM

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE READ; Thank You

thanks for the hard work, i know it's not easy - i was a temp mod on another car forum, i swear people will argue even about why the Smurfs are blue :slapfight: :D

moosehead 01-31-2012 11:19 AM

ErikRP 01-31-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoredsaint (Post 564343)
thanks for the hard work, i know it's not easy - i was a temp mod on another car forum, i swear people will argue even about why the Smurfs are blue :slapfight: :D

That's obvious... because they come from the North where it's very cold. Obviously! :screwy:

But seriously though... point taken about the posting. It helps make searching for answers to problems a lot easier, too.

Breitling65 01-31-2012 10:35 PM

What could we post in this forum? Hi I am Joe Shmoe on Jeep? Sorry, forget that is wrong sub-forum....

J13ntv 01-31-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breitling65 (Post 564776)
What could we post in this forum? Hi I am Joe Shmoe on Jeep? Sorry, forget that is wrong sub-forum....

In the main general WK2 forum? Anything unrelated to the sub-forums. There are 115 pages in the general forum, so obviously many things....

Sub-forums just make it easier for people to find related topics. For someone who is looking for information about exhaust systems, its a lot easier and less time consuming to go to a sub-forum that is 1/3 about exhaust systems, then search 100+ pages in a general forum, no? In actuality if there were no sub-forums we'd probably have 300+ pages as a single WK2 Forum.