Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Order Pricing for 2012 GC Overland? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/order-pricing-for-2012-gc-overland-36488.html)

Sunfish 01-31-2012 02:03 AM

Order Pricing for 2012 GC Overland?

I have been lurking a bit on the board reading and generally soaking up whatever general information I could. So... after all that I just ordered a 2012 GC to be delivered in a few months for my wife. I ordered the GC through military sales overseas and wanted to get an idea if the pricing is competitive. I am also interested in any warranty information especially the Lifetime and where the best place to buy one would be. Finally, if anyone has some photos of a Cherry Red Overland they could share that would be fantastic!

2012 GC Overland
Ziebart Rust Protection
24P/EZH Hemi Auto package
ADG ACC Package
XS3 Saddle/Black Interior
AWY Off Road II
$42,395.00

I still have to pay state taxes and the warranty costs. Any thought?

Milous 01-31-2012 02:12 AM

Re: Order Pricing for 2012 GC Overland?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunfish (Post 564226)
Ziebart Rust Protection

1. Delete the "rust protection". How much are they trying to scam you for on this?

2. Don't buy an extended warranty, why pay for/finance something that you will not even use for 3 years?

Milous 01-31-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunfish (Post 564226)
$42,395.00

Excellent price, MSRP is $48,680 / invoice $45,589.

Sunfish 01-31-2012 03:03 AM

Thank you for the reply Milous. The Ziebart price is $469 and is an option I can take off I believe. As for the warranty, we usually have been keeping vehicles from between 7 to 10 yrs. We bought the GC because her parents use two in Nebraska on a farm and they have been lasting upwards of 10yrs or so there. It seems like a good car to keep but the level of technology and its costs to fix just seemed like they would be high.

Shortdustoff 01-31-2012 03:15 AM

Good price, ordered mine through same program. Didn't do the ziebart. But you got more of a discount. Usually they are pretty hard to get any additional money off of them. I ended up at about 5k under MSRP for my Overland. Good luck.

Sunfish 01-31-2012 03:23 AM

I hope it all goes well. The guy at ENCS we have been working with has been pretty nice to deal with. He is an old 1st of the 1st SF type and has seemed to be working pretty hard for our pricing. The only hitch so far came just recently on the 2nd vehicle we ordered. I also ordered a Raptor which at the time included a $1600 discount on the Buyer's Order which somehow miraculously fell off the Acceptance form they sent me. This is currently being hammered out so I hope it ends up where we had planned on pricing.

Anyone have photos of Deep Cherry Red?

Milous 01-31-2012 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunfish (Post 564251)
The Ziebart price is $469 and is an option I can take off I believe.

Unless you have a spare $469 to throw away I'd get it deleted. It's totally unnecessary and can be counterproductive - rust can become trapped and accumulate in missed areas and the coating can flake off (especially if not prepped correctly). The ONLY reason dealers push this is for PROFIT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunfish (Post 564251)
As for the warranty, we usually have been keeping vehicles from between 7 to 10 yrs.

I would still wait for three years to purchase the warranty. Keep the money in YOUR pocket, you definitely don't want it included with any financing. Down the road the warranty will have a slightly higher MSRP, but if you shop diligently I guarantee you'll still find a much better price in 3 yrs than whatever your dealer is going to charge you now.