Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Disabling the Disclaimer for Nav Radio (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/disabling-the-disclaimer-for-nav-radio-36521.html)

ShyBoy 01-31-2012 06:28 PM

Disabling the Disclaimer for Nav Radio

I have a 2012 GC Overland and whenever I turn on the radio, i get the disclaimer message. Is there a way to disable this message?

77Cherokee 02-01-2012 10:34 AM

Re: Disabling the Disclaimer for Nav Radio

There is no way to disable it but it usually goes off within a few seconds anyway.

ShyBoy 02-01-2012 11:10 AM

Thank you for the information.

WK2 Rover 02-06-2012 04:16 PM

At least it disappears after a few seconds. On my Lexus you must accept the terms EVERY TIME.

ShyBoy 02-07-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WK2 Rover (Post 568700)
At least it disappears after a few seconds. On my Lexus you must accept the terms EVERY TIME.

I did not realize that at first as I was somewhat impatient with the disclaimer and press "accept" as soon as I saw it and thought I had to do it everytime. Though I still hate to see the disclaimer, I just let it disappear on its own and it is now manageable.

ErikRP 02-08-2012 09:09 AM

When the RER was first released you had to accept the disclaimer but thankfully that was changed within the first year, so now you just have to wait a few seconds (or click on the "Accept" button right away).

Rodders 02-08-2012 09:26 PM

Can you actually use the Nav feature if you just let the disclaimer time out? It times out on my current car, but comes back and makes me acknowledge it if I try to use any Nav functions.

PECo 02-08-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodders (Post 570243)
Can you actually use the Nav feature if you just let the disclaimer time out? It times out on my current car, but comes back and makes me acknowledge it if I try to use any Nav functions.

Yes, you can actually use the Nav feature if you just let the disclaimer time out.

1200RT-P 02-09-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PECo (Post 570270)
Yes, you can actually use the Nav feature if you just let the disclaimer time out.

x2.

Some lawyer probably decided that a specified length of time was sufficient notification.

I normally just let it 'time out', but sometimes click through it. It stopped bothering me.

ShyBoy 02-09-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodders (Post 570243)

I have not encountered a situation where the disclaimer comes back again, even if I let it time out when I turn on the unit. Once it is gone, it is gone until I turn on the radio again. That is the only time it will appear. Don't know if it makes any difference but I have the 730N RHR unit.

Fellows 02-12-2012 04:28 AM

My Honda's disclaimer forces you to wait about 5-10 seconds before the "accept" button is even available. If you don't hit the accept button it just shows you a giant clock. Ironcially, instead of reading the disclaimer everytime I turn on the car like some lawyer probably thought I'd do to make myself safer, I'm actually more distracted since I'm usually backing out of a parking spot and glancing at the nav every few seconds waiting for the button to come up.

That being said, I'm impressed with the Jeep's disclaimer.