Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Please advise Limited or Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/please-advise-limited-or-overland-36580.html)

Novemberr 02-01-2012 02:20 PM

Please advise Limited or Overland

Hello,
I have been researching on 2012 with HEMI V8 and can't decide between Limited and Overland.

From my observation, most members bought either Laredo or Overland.
Less people talked about Limited.

The options I need are Bi-Xenon and Power lift gate. I'm not a big fan of QL air suspension, but would love to have QD without QL if possible.

Do you guys think I should go for Overland instead of Limited with Luxury Group II.

Thanks a lot for input.

AAAA 02-01-2012 02:30 PM

Re: Please advise Limited or Overland

Yes.

moosehead 02-01-2012 02:31 PM

I had similar debate back in the day which was forced a bit as Olands were then in short supply. Eventually, I caved on the Oland once one was found in another state.

The QD2 became a priority for us, and the Oland interior trim is spectacular. Further, all the bells and whistles that were perhaps unimportant back then, I tend to use daily and value highly including: power liftgate, keyless entry/ignition, heated steering wheel, anti swamp-ass seats and the infotainment/bluetooth system. I've even used the QL for trail, deep snow, and towing and it has yet to cause any issue, an extended warranty will cover it if it does.

If the QL is your primary concern, in which you are not alone, then you might try locating an early issue 2011 Overland without QL, they were not bundled back then.

Either way, great rig, good luck.

Mark Paul 02-01-2012 02:31 PM

Overland or Overland Summit. No question.

Novemberr 02-01-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 565174)
I had similar debate back in the day which was forced a bit as Olands were then in short supply. Eventually, I caved on the Oland once one was found in another state.

The QD2 became a priority for us, and the Oland interior trim is spectacular. Further, all the bells and whistles that were perhaps unimportant back then, I tend to use daily and value highly including: power liftgate, keyless entry/ignition, heated steering wheel, anti swamp-ass seats and the infotainment/bluetooth system. I've even used the QL for trail, deep snow, and towing and it has yet to cause any issue, an extended warranty will cover it if it does.

If the QL is your primary concern, in which you are not alone, then you might try locating an early issue 2011 Overland without QL, they were not bundled back then.

Either way, great rig, good luck.

Yes, QL scares me since I'm afraid it would leave me somewhere and the car is not drivable once it failed.

MonteJeep 02-01-2012 05:01 PM

The QL was the reason I ordered the Limited. The Overland is great looking (and i wish the Limited came with the Saddle interior) but if the QL is not something you want, then I would go with the Limited with the Lux Package. All you would be missing is the wood and mesh grill if i'm not mistaken. I'm partial to Limiteds though...

Good luck!

Jeeters 02-01-2012 05:06 PM

I bought a Laredo X but I'd go for an Overland over the Limited. The price difference is just too small, imo. Only reason to get a Limited is if you want to avoid the Quadra-Lift.

armoredsaint 02-01-2012 05:32 PM

Overland with a V-8 and don't look back.

Gearhead 02-01-2012 05:32 PM

I went with the Limited to avoid QL after seeing several first year issues posted here.I don't recall seeing posters with QL issues here in a while and if I were doing it over I'd go with the O'land. Jeep really did an amazing job getting the first year gremlins out of the GC.

CaptRB 02-01-2012 05:53 PM

The Overland is absolutely the way to go! The QL issues seem under control now and I feel that the Overland and Overland Summit are the true "values" as they bring the full potential of the GC to bear, both for luxury and all-terrain usage.
I'd also opt for an extended warranty, but I do that at any trim level. I'm probably skipping the summit due to the poor color choices on that model, but I'll add the Summit grill work, which I like!

Cheers,

Robert B
NY

cmiller 02-01-2012 07:19 PM

I am in the same boat as you, the price difference I am seeing between the two is a little less than $1,000 so the Overland seems to be the way to go.

Is there a particular build date in the 2012's that potential issues were resolved or is it all of the MY 2012's?

Thanks for the information, I am learning a lot and feeling more comfortable with the QL.

bmrisko 02-01-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armoredsaint (Post 565311)
Overland with a V-8 and don't look back.

x2