Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   Climate Control problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/climate-control-problems-3661.html)

CRLANE 10-28-2009 07:01 PM

Climate Control problems

Anyone ever have the issue where the vent selector will not change where your air is coming from? sometimes it just stays coming from the defroster vents and eventually will correct itself to where i set it.

Marlin 10-28-2009 07:05 PM

Re: Climate Control problems

Very VERY common problem mate on WG/WJ.
From what I remember, it's a bastard to fix.
No doubt someone will chime in with more info.

Joe in PA 10-28-2009 07:20 PM

If you own a WJ it sounds like your "blend door" is failing. If you have the dual climate control setup, you are looking at a repair bill of over $1k because in order to fix it, you'll have to rip the entire dash apart. :(

http://www.wjjeeps.com/hvac_blend_remove.htm

If you own a ZJ it could be an issue with a vacuum system leak, as if I recall correctly, the vents are vacuum controlled and the default without enough suction is the defrosters.

CRLANE 10-28-2009 08:48 PM

hmm ill have to check vacuum lines. i have a wj but i know i have bad lines somewhere since i had to temp seal one a while back and my cruise control is dead right now. im gonna strip the engine bay after i get back from kuwait in aug and give her a proper tune up before i start the project. off topic but for an 03 wj with the I-6 anyone know if the Avenger supercharger is decent? im looking to add some power to it among other things.

bom25s 12-25-2009 05:47 PM

if I remember right check the vacuum line under the battery box that controls the cruise and heater controls

jeepfan 12-25-2009 10:28 PM

blend doors cause the heat on one side or the other to fail, not affect where it comes out of. go to www.wjjeeps.com and look up the procedure to check the climate control for codes (if its a limited) if its NOT a limited then you don't have to worry about the blend doors...

Catmanluge 08-18-2012 05:40 PM

I know my vacuum line that goes into the firewall of a 2000 Grand Cherokee is leaking the AC only come out of the Defroster vent. Any quick fixes??

Frango100 08-18-2012 09:10 PM

The only way is to repair the leak, without (enough) vacuum the actuators won´t work.

Doug4230 08-19-2012 08:11 AM

The blend doors failed on my 99 Limited. Did not affect WHERE the air went, just weather or not it had any heat when it got there. Spent a winter freezing since the drivers side only blew cold. Does NOT cost the $1k plus as indicated in an earlier post. There is a simple kit fix available online (with video instruction). Less than $100 and an hours time.

KatK 08-19-2012 09:14 AM

I have a related but different issue. I just bought a 2003 Grand Cherokee, and it seems the the Climate Control (AZC Module) isn't working. I found a place to run a diagnostic, and "If a display segment fails to illuminate, the vacuum fluorescent display is faulty and the a/c heater control must be replaced." I'm not having any luck hunting up a replacement module - Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Frango100 08-19-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug4230 (Post 672432)
The blend doors failed on my 99 Limited. Did not affect WHERE the air went, just weather or not it had any heat when it got there. Spent a winter freezing since the drivers side only blew cold. Does NOT cost the $1k plus as indicated in an earlier post. There is a simple kit fix available online (with video instruction). Less than $100 and an hours time.

The blend doors only let outside air going through the heater core, just bypass it or any position in between. It is the mode door which let the air go to windshield or dash vents or foot. The repair you are talking about is the heater treater and after this repair you only have one control zone (not that it matters that much though)

Frango100 08-19-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatK (Post 672450)
I have a related but different issue. I just bought a 2003 Grand Cherokee, and it seems the the Climate Control (AZC Module) isn't working. I found a place to run a diagnostic, and "If a display segment fails to illuminate, the vacuum fluorescent display is faulty and the a/c heater control must be replaced." I'm not having any luck hunting up a replacement module - Any suggestions?

Thanks!

So is only the display not working, or is the complete control panel dead?
In the last case, i would first check both fuses, #7 and # 20 on the junction block (under the steering wheel)