Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   adding mygig rer to 05 wk (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/adding-mygig-rer-to-05-wk-36651.html)

jasonjsl 02-02-2012 07:24 PM

adding mygig rer to 05 wk

i have an 05 wk with the ref i believe...i am looking to switch to a mygig rer...after hours of reserch i have a good idea about this conversion. however, i just want to make sure im getting the right stuff. so far i know i need:

low speed mygig rer
nav bezel

can anyone please let me know what i will need to pull this off as i know many others have done it. i also want to have sirius active. can i use my siri antenna i have from my stand alone unit or do i need something diffrent. i do not have uconnect, steering wheel controls and i dont think ill be adding those items. any help or links will be greatly appreciated.
thanks

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-02-2012 08:12 PM

Re: adding mygig rer to 05 wk

you also need a bezel adapter, a lockpick, a nav antenna and a mygig sirius antenna

jasonjsl 02-02-2012 08:42 PM

what is a bezel adapter? will i need that even if i am buying a new bezel? as for the antennas...where do the mount and where is the best place to buy them?

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-02-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonjsl (Post 566329)
what is a bezel adapter? will i need that even if i am buying a new bezel? as for the antennas...where do the mount and where is the best place to buy them?

the bezel you are buying si needed as well but it is made for the rec, the mygig is smaller than the rec so you need an adapter to go on as well. the nav antenna will mount under the dashboard and the sirius antenna will mount on your roof.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-02-2012 09:20 PM

here is the gps antenna
http://www.oemautopartsco.com/repro-...tenna-p-6.html

the sirius antenna
http://www.oemautopartsco.com/repro-...enna-p-41.html

the bezel adapter
http://www.oemautopartsco.com/mygig-...iller-p-3.html

you can find the lockpicks on ebay usually, make sure it is the one to add a mygig to 05-07

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-02-2012 09:22 PM

you can see the adapter in this pic of my radio. my uconnect mic is on the bottom left.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/picture.ph...pictureid=1010

jasonjsl 02-02-2012 11:12 PM

Awesome man. Where did you buy the adapter? This is the store I'm thinking of buying the rer from. Where did you get your rer? They seem legit and they can program the lockpick directly to the unit so I don't need the harness or whatever and they load the recent updates before sending it out!

sent from my HTC EVO shift

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-02-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonjsl (Post 566457)
Awesome man. Where did you buy the adapter? This is the store I'm thinking of buying the rer from. Where did you get your rer? They seem legit and they can program the lockpick directly to the unit so I don't need the harness or whatever and they load the recent updates before sending it out!

sent from my HTC EVO shift

you need the lockpick becasue the wires are different, the lockpick they program is for 08-10 owners looking for the lockpick features. you will still need the REC to RER lockpick. i bought mine on ebay, if i remember correctly it was $600 and had the latest maps installed and a current sirius subscription so i didnt have to buy one for a few months. they load the latest updates (they are free anyways) but they dont load the latest maps

jasonjsl 02-03-2012 12:01 AM

thans for all the info...damn this is a pricey mod but i gotta have it! where do i get the map updates?

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-03-2012 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonjsl (Post 566488)
thans for all the info...damn this is a pricey mod but i gotta have it! where do i get the map updates?

From navtec and they are like $200. They are vin locked so it is the only place you can buy them. That is why i bought one from a 2010 so i wouldnt have to buy any updates while i own it

jasonjsl 03-03-2012 07:59 PM

Alright...got all my parts installed and have a few issues/questions...

heres my setup:

mygig rer 730n 05063747 (2009 model)

lockpick v.3

ipod integration kit

mini microphone

backup camera

1- I have no juke box tab as show in manual?

2-microphone not working, tried to "enable" function from engineering menu but tab is greyed out and wont allow me to select it

3-if tow/haul mode is active backup cam will not activate when in reverse

4-when radio is on and nav voice comes on i get an erratic mute (right and left speaker dont mute evenly and nav voice command only comes from driverside speaker) but the voice prompt from uconnect mutes both speakers evenly and seems fine

5- i purchased the v.3 lockpick as well as the ipod integration cable...after doing some research i realized i could have just purchased the chr550 which comes with the ipod cable and also allows ipod aux out which will allow album art to display on mygig.Is the chr550 compatible with my 05 wk? maybe this is the reason they sold me the v.3 version? unless im missing something on this, im a bit comfused? anyone have any info?

6-place i bought rer from said latest updates were installed prior to shiping...how can i view/confirm which updates are installed to insure i have the most recent updates?

any information on these issues will be greatly appreciated!

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-03-2012 10:24 PM

1- I have no juke box tab as show in manual? there is no juke tab

2-microphone not working, tried to "enable" function from engineering menu but tab is greyed out and wont allow me to select it hmmm mine worked right away but has since stopped working

3-if tow/haul mode is active backup cam will not activate when in reverse i have never tried this

4-when radio is on and nav voice comes on i get an erratic mute (right and left speaker dont mute evenly and nav voice command only comes from driverside speaker) but the voice prompt from uconnect mutes both speakers evenly and seems fine the nav voice only comes from the drivers side

5- i purchased the v.3 lockpick as well as the ipod integration cable...after doing some research i realized i could have just purchased the chr550 which comes with the ipod cable and also allows ipod aux out which will allow album art to display on mygig.Is the chr550 compatible with my 05 wk? maybe this is the reason they sold me the v.3 version? unless im missing something on this, im a bit comfused? anyone have any info? there is no album art available for the mygig on an 05 unless you get a 2011 low speed model

6-place i bought rer from said latest updates were installed prior to shiping...how can i view/confirm which updates are installed to insure i have the most recent updates? under the system information tab

any information on these issues will be greatly appreciated!