Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   I need urgent assitance please. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/i-need-urgent-assitance-please-36711.html)

EviL 02-04-2012 06:38 AM

I need urgent assitance please.
 
hello,

well its my first post, i used to own a black 2006 U.S imported WK1 SRT8,
and then my frnd bought it away at 2008 then had to just stay toyota for a couple of years...

now am aiming to the wk2 SRT8 2012

thing is i put a small payment for the invoice of the car,
i got the first bright silver srt8 in dubai which still didnt arrive yet and is expected two weeks from the current years.

here in Emirates we have two dealerships for jeep's

the first dealer told me everything was unclear from USA wether jeep is going to produce and when is it going to reach here.

what happened is he told me jeeps come in two options

1st was the low option one ( no pano, no adaptive cruiser control or collision detection unit ) = 63k dollars

2nd the full option which had a panoramic roof and the the collision unit and the adaptive cruise control. = which was around 68k


i wasnt aware that you had to choose those

so i went to the other dealership and he stated that wk2 srt's come only in one option wether you like it or not

it comes without panoramic roof and he is not sure wether it comes with the adaptive cruise control or not and he stated that he ordered the first silver SRT that enters the borders of dxb, so i got greedy and said book it and im paying in cash so he was pratically drooling all over.


thing is i wana make sure if he is supposed to know wether it is comming with other options i am supposed to be aware of or not.

NOTE: ( NO jeep srt 2012 has arrived into UAE before and this are the first couple of ones. )

help pls..

this is the only jeep forum that i really liked and got attracted to ask for assistance and am not sure if im welcome here or not specially if im not from USA.

transam 02-04-2012 07:37 AM

Re: I need urgent assitance please.
 
Maybe Milous (on this site) can track the vehicle when you purchase a level III or above membership here.

Find out from your dealer if they can provide you with a copy of your "priced order confirmation" which will list options ordered on the vehicle. Not sure if outside US markets do this?

Who's to say what will be standard on a Jeep SRT8 being exported to Dubai? Milous know?

Hope you get what you wanted. Silver is nice!:cool:

NYSLICKSRT8 02-04-2012 08:24 AM

Re: I need urgent assitance please.
 
Ask for window sticker, sometimes when vehicles are shipped over sea, they add or take away options.

Scottina06 02-04-2012 11:37 AM

Re: I need urgent assitance please.
 
welcome new jeep brother! We are open to everyone, all over the world!

EviL 02-04-2012 01:58 PM

Re: I need urgent assitance please.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by transam (Post 567124)
Maybe Milous (on this site) can track the vehicle when you purchase a level III or above membership here.

Find out from your dealer if they can provide you with a copy of your "priced order confirmation" which will list options ordered on the vehicle. Not sure if outside US markets do this?

Who's to say what will be standard on a Jeep SRT8 being exported to Dubai? Milous know?

Hope you get what you wanted. Silver is nice!:cool:


its a huge change from the previous WK1 srt8 that i had but its a new color to me and its my first jeep of this gen.


i do have document numbers and etc.. on the papers

but i dont have a confirmation on the engine and chasis number


if anyone here in jeepgarage knows how to track my jeep and know what type of options do i have on it that would be super !

EviL 02-04-2012 01:59 PM

Re: I need urgent assitance please.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NYSLICKSRT8 (Post 567131)
Ask for window sticker, sometimes when vehicles are shipped over sea, they add or take away options.


i did try that but unfortunately they werent able to give me that -.-

am open for suggestions though !

if i cud track my jeep through certain numbers that would be awesome

EviL 02-04-2012 02:03 PM

Re: I need urgent assitance please.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 567218)
welcome new jeep brother! We are open to everyone, all over the world!


we as citizens of Emirates in Dubai or AbuDhabi

have alot of WK SRT8's with super mod's reaching 1000+

most of them are not into forums and so on but we do have gatherings of over 150 srt's

its my first time in this forum and i wish and hope that i can be welcomed here as a brother and a friend and share couple of stuff here in this forum

specially when am not from the states, keeping in mind my early stages were in Texas houston.

FlyinRyan 02-04-2012 02:06 PM

Re: I need urgent assitance please.
 
Welcome....

EviL 02-04-2012 02:18 PM

Re: I need urgent assitance please.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 567295)
Welcome....



Thank you Ryan :D

Uncle Paul 02-04-2012 02:32 PM

Re: I need urgent assitance please.
 
I just came back from a vacation in Dubai and AbuDhabi. Your cities are fantastic, and the people very warm and inviting.

Saw lots of pretty special cars over there. Cars seem to be the preferred way to get around, and the variety was incredible.

Since your SRT Jeep is an export model, it will be difficult for us to determine the options that will be sent to UAE. Your government and local dealers will have input as to how the vehicles will be equiped. Chrysler usually has a package of options that they can support locally with spare parts, so will only offer those options that are appropriate for UAE. I would imagine heavy duty cooling/AC would be at the top of the list.

Hope your purchase works out for you, and that you enjoy your new Jeep SRT.

Due to taxes in your country, your Jeep will cost you far less than if it was imported to Europe " >)

EviL 02-04-2012 10:59 PM

Re: I need urgent assitance please.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul (Post 567310)
I just came back from a vacation in Dubai and AbuDhabi. Your cities are fantastic, and the people very warm and inviting.

Saw lots of pretty special cars over there. Cars seem to be the preferred way to get around, and the variety was incredible.

Since your SRT Jeep is an export model, it will be difficult for us to determine the options that will be sent to UAE. Your government and local dealers will have input as to how the vehicles will be equiped. Chrysler usually has a package of options that they can support locally with spare parts, so will only offer those options that are appropriate for UAE. I would imagine heavy duty cooling/AC would be at the top of the list.

Hope your purchase works out for you, and that you enjoy your new Jeep SRT.

Due to taxes in your country, your Jeep will cost you far less than if it was imported to Europe " >)


I hope you found ur stay to be up as expected and to be comfortable :D

first we are a country that are not expected to pay taxes at ALL, in US we were supposed to pay even the gas guzzler tax, but in my country there are no taxes at all.

and second for special gulf specs such as large AC unit and the panoramic roof wud actually be a problem rather than leisure since it traps sunlight inside the car increasing the heat in the car and the engine has to be insulated properly to it wont burn under the hot sun. so yea..

we are a city that reaches 50 degree celsius at June and July :p

and yes cars are the best way although Dubai has introduced the metro's and we in AbuDhabi are sure to improve the transports segment we are looking at the top governments around the world :)

but the modified car segments are large :D

thanx for passing by.

ENFORCER 02-06-2012 12:37 AM

Re: I need urgent assitance please.
 
I have been told that the Export model SRT8's that you get in the UAE and we have in Australia will not have any user choice options, they will all have Pano, HK Stereo and ACC.
This is because the very limited run of export models.
I too also had a great time in Dubai last year when I visited for work. The amount of hotted up exotic cars was astounding, so was the 170km/h (100mph) taxi ride from the airport, where we were overtaken by turbo cayenne and SLS doing over 200km/h (120mph). I knew I was in a car lovers paradise.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community