Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Brillilant Black, Mineral Grey or Maximum Steel? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/brillilant-black-mineral-grey-or-maximum-steel-36714.html)

armoredsaint 02-04-2012 08:54 AM

Brillilant Black, Mineral Grey or Maximum Steel?

So hard to decide sometimes, I would like to have black because I've always had black cars - I do take care of it a lot to avoid marring/swirls. But I feel also I should try a new color like MG or even MS (never seen that new color in person yet).

Need help, but I am settled on interior color which saddle/black on an Overland V-8 :D

Brewster 02-04-2012 09:28 AM

Re: Brillilant Black, Mineral Grey or Maximum Steel?

I had decided on the Red, but I keep seeing some Mineral Grey listing at the dealers. When I got there and it had the Black interior, I was sold. The other exterior colors have too many different colors going on in the interior for me. There just were very few Black interiors in this region for some reason.

robpp 02-04-2012 09:37 AM

FWIW I have a Mineral Gray WK. I was looking at black at the time but one dealer trip found a Mineral Grey. I have never looked back.

J13ntv 02-04-2012 10:05 AM

I own a black and love it. Still is the best IMO in terms of sharpness and the ability to to stand out/contrast with chrome which I like. However, if I bought another Jeep many years from now, I really like mineral grey and/or the regular silver. Some members have body matched a lot of pieces on the Silver Jeeps and it looks outstanding. I suppose you could do that on a black Jeep but it just isn't the same...

marc4427 02-04-2012 11:06 AM

I love my mineral grey....and always looks cleaned

UNCjeepWK2 02-04-2012 01:11 PM

With the Laredo or Laredo X, I prefer black because of the painted (as opposed to polished) wheels. With the Ltd or Overland, though... I prefer mineral gray.

rockrash 02-04-2012 01:28 PM

Still undecided but MS looks has the lead.

rustyosaurus 02-04-2012 01:32 PM

i ended up with BB after a long internal debate between that and mineral grey. i wasn't excited about any of the other colors and maximum steel hadn't been released yet. if charcoal grey had been available i would have gotten that. maximum steel is nice but i think it has just a touch too much blue for me. i have never seen one in person though.

i went to the dealership and spent time going back and forth looking at mineral grey and brilliant black. i also spent quite a long time looking at member pictures on this board to see the colors in different settings. and finally, i spent time on cars.com. i was also trying to decide between saddle and the all black interior. i just could not make up my mind.

in the end, while i liked mineral grey, the BB just made me happy every time i saw it. this will be a very personal thing. they are both great colors. i love the mica flecks in the BB. when the sun it out and they are sparkling it's amazing. sometimes, its very muted and you can't see the mica flecks at all.

i advise you to spend lots of time at the dealership and online going back and forth between the three colors and just see which one in the end makes you the happiest. it may take you awhile to get to this place - it did for me.

jcnaranjo 02-04-2012 01:34 PM

I was going to go with black and had never considered MG when I was looking for my Summit. I was given a great deal on a MG and I took it. I absolutely love it now. IMO it shows off the lines of the vehicle better than any other color, and it never looks dirty...

http://img.tapatalk.com/ae37dcfa-7aa9-c39d.jpg

rockrash 02-04-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyosaurus (Post 567274)
i ended up with BB after a long internal debate between that and mineral grey. i wasn't excited about any of the other colors and maximum steel hadn't been released yet. if charcoal grey had been available i would have gotten that. maximum steel is nice but i think it has just a touch too much blue for me. i have never seen one in person though.

i went to the dealership and spent time going back and forth looking at mineral grey and brilliant black. i also spent quite a long time looking at member pictures on this board to see the colors in different settings. and finally, i spent time on cars.com. i was also trying to decide between saddle and the all black interior. i just could not make up my mind.

in the end, while i liked mineral grey, the BB just made me happy every time i saw it. this will be a very personal thing. they are both great colors. i love the mica flecks in the BB. when the sun it out and they are sparkling it's amazing. sometimes, its very muted and you can't see the mica flecks at all.

i advise you to spend lots of time at the dealership and online going back and forth between the three colors and just see which one in the end makes you the happiest. it may take you awhile to get to this place - it did for me.

Black is a beautiful color but so hard to care for. I had 3 in past a still deciding between BB and MS. I saw MS Friday morning sun was out and the MS - GC had the look of real dark charcoal almost a light grey black. The blue was very faint could hardly tell ,real nice color.

rustyosaurus 02-04-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockrash (Post 567283)
Black is a beautiful color but so hard to care for. I had 3 in past a still deciding between BB and MS. I saw MS Friday morning sun was out and the MS - GC had the look of real dark charcoal almost a light grey black. The blue was very faint could hardly tell ,real nice color.

yes, it's hard to care for. but i realized that i had a black SUV for 5 years and never once thought that - never once fretted because it looked dirty all the time. i doubt i washed it very often either. and the other thing is, all cars look dirty when they are dirty, no matter what color they are. imo - some look even dirtier/worse than the BB.

i think with the BB a little dirt is probably more obvious than on some of the other colors but i think the amazingness of the color cancels that out - at least for me.

rockrash 02-04-2012 01:59 PM

Truethat!