Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   problems already! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/problems-already-36724.html)

jeepcrazy 02-04-2012 02:26 PM

problems already!

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this but I couldn't really find anywhere else that seemed suitable for it.

I bought a used 2006 Grand Cherokee exactly two weeks ago. Upon buying the car they said a TPM sensor was cracked and needed to be replaced.
They replaced the sensor free of charge and calibrated it. A day later the illumination for my temperature controls was gone.
Upon looking at it myself I found that three bulbs were burnt out which are soldered to a electrical board that would need to be replaced as
a whole unit. Dealer said would cost $284 that I would have to pay because manufacturers warranty had expired.
Yesterday a sway bar link snapped and has to be replaced. I know most of these problems are normal "wear and tear" ,
but this is ridiculous. What are my options for what I should do if the dealership is unwilling to fix all these?
(I have a 60 day 3,000 mile warranty currently with them)

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-04-2012 03:11 PM

Re: problems already!

send a PM to Diboblo, he can fix those lights for a fraction of the price of a new unit. how is it ridiculous? you bought a 6 year old vehicle....... you are going to have to make repairs to it. Sway bars are cheap to fix. do it yourself it shouldnt take more than 30 minutes.

Redpit 02-04-2012 06:52 PM

What's your 60 day warranty for? Bumper to bumper, power train, etc? If bumper to bumper they should fix for free. Power train and it's on you. As already stated it is 6 years old and could just be poor timing.

jeepcrazy 02-04-2012 10:35 PM

As of right now I'm not entirely sure what the warranty covers. I believe it to be the normal warranty a dealership offers on used vehicles but I have a feeling varies from place to place. I'll have to look at my paperwork to find out for sure

I've done entire front end replacements before on smaller vehicles and know that sway bar links don't take long at all to replace. I'd do it myself if the service manager didn't say when I was recently in there that all safety related things they will fix/replace within the 60 days.

I wasn't saying that it was ridiculous that all this is happening. I just traded in an 06 cobalt for the gc. That thing had more problems then all the other cars I've ever had combined. Im just bothered by the thought that the dealership is giving me grief over replacing the temp control unit. I would definitely send out the into for someone to replace it for a fraction of the cost of a new unit ($153 from stealership or $189 from local parts store) if it wasn't currently cold here and I didn't need to worry about heat or defrost.

I guess what I should have originally asked was if anyone else has ever had problems with their gc's happen in a very short time frame after acquiring it.

I do also believe its bad timing as well.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-04-2012 10:45 PM

send diboblo a PM, he might have cores so that you dont have to be without one. the stock unit has regular bulbs in them and they overheat and break. he replaces them with leds so that they will not burn out. i replaced mine twice before i had him repair mine and it has been perfect since he did the work. i had him do my whole interior in blue, but he also does oem green if you dont want to send him everything

jeepcrazy 02-04-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 567613)
send diboblo a PM, he might have cores so that you dont have to be without one. the stock unit has regular bulbs in them and they overheat and break. he replaces them with leds so that they will not burn out. i replaced mine twice before i had him repair mine and it has been perfect since he did the work. i had him do my whole interior in blue, but he also does oem green if you dont want to send him everything

Thanks for the info. I might have to do that Monday if the dealership doesn't replace the unit for me. I'd definitely love to see the interior all lit up in either blue or red. Do you have a pic of the controls in your jeep?

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-04-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepcrazy (Post 567631)
Thanks for the info. I might have to do that Monday if the dealership doesn't replace the unit for me. I'd definitely love to see the interior all lit up in either blue or red. Do you have a pic of the controls in your jeep?

http://www.jeepgarage.org/picture.ph...pictureid=1396

http://www.jeepgarage.org/picture.ph...pictureid=1100

http://www.jeepgarage.org/picture.ph...pictureid=1079

jeepcrazy 02-04-2012 11:33 PM

Wow. That looks amazing! Thank you for the quick reply! I'll definitely have to pm him on Monday if things don't go well at the dealership. Thanks again.

MattyDipps 02-04-2012 11:48 PM

dude, when i first got my car i had soooo many different things wrong with it and they actually went above and beyond their 60 day warentee.. i had water pump, starter, emergency break assembly exploded on me while i was driving, i had an oil pressure sender and a wheel speed sensor and they replaced each and everything thing ... make sure you get that S#!$ replaced from them lol

jeepcrazy 02-05-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyDipps (Post 567657)
dude, when i first got my car i had soooo many different things wrong with it and they actually went above and beyond their 60 day warentee.. i had water pump, starter, emergency break assembly exploded on me while i was driving, i had an oil pressure sender and a wheel speed sensor and they replaced each and everything thing ... make sure you get that S#!$ replaced from them lol

Damn! Never had that many problems with a vehicle at the same time before. Fortunately enough nothing bad happened to you from the emergency brake assembly exploding on you while driving. I do plan on getting them to fix everything. Let's just hope I don't get too frustrated with them when I go on blow my top.

jeepcrazy 02-07-2012 01:37 PM

Yesterday I went down to the dealership I purchased my GC from and they replaced the broken sway bark link. Not only did they replace the broken one, they also replace the other side as well. From my experience, both sides should be replaced regardless of condition.

They also did in fact agree to replace the temperature control module. All free of charge, even though my warranty did not cover the temperature control module. Ill have to keep in mind about replacing the bulbs with LEDs in the future as I do like the customized look of them.

lll2for3lll 02-07-2012 01:49 PM

Don't get too upset about this stuff. They are easy and not very expensive repairs. This brings up a good excuse to do LXHarness LED color change and BWoody's beefier swaybar links.

And to top it all off, this is the best forum for WK help. Members here in the WK section are quick to reply.