Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2010 srt8 muffler on a 09 4.7?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Kman09JGC 
#1 ·
I have a 09 laredo 4.7 and i want to replace the stock muffler with some more free flowing. I have full exhaust from a 2010 srt8 jeep manifolds on back from by buddies jeep in the attic of my garage. My question is would i be able to use that muffler to replace my stock on. Maybe weld y-pipe into one since the srt muffler is dual outlet. Its free but would it be better than just putting on a magnaflow or walker quiet floww ss becuase i dont want to loud. Thanks for any opinions

#2 ·
From what I've seen the OEM muffler is kinda restrictive still. I'd weld in a big Magnaflow or take the resos out of it and keep the muffler.

Are you talking about the entire exhaust from the downpipes back, or just the muffler???

#3 ·
just the muffler just figured i try to save $80-100 since i had muffler already.

#4 ·
I added the complete SRT exhaust to my 4.7 MINUS the muffler and it sounds soooo nice. Theres a how to from years ago in the how to WK forum.

#5 ·
No im not that brave. lol Just want to do the muffler. I have a K&N CAI im going to put on just figured Id do the muffler to. My buddy sold his 2010 srt8 for a 2011 ford sho and i have his 2010 exhaust with only about 4k miles on it in my attic. If he does not want it I should see if some on here within driving distance of N.E. Ohio wants it.

#7 ·
Just the muffler will not make a difference in the sound, performance etc. It's probably the same muffler your
09 has.
sent from my HTC EVO

#9 ·
I have been looking at the dynomax super turbo muffler that mosier added to his 08 4.7.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.