Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   If I Could, What Would I Change on the WK2? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/if-i-could-what-would-i-change-on-the-wk2-36764.html)

AussieWK2 02-05-2012 02:16 AM

If I Could, What Would I Change on the WK2?

Ok, quite a few of us have now had some time getting to know the WK2 on Aussie roads.

So, if you had the chance to compile a "Wish List", what would you add, subtract or modify to your new ride.

This is not intended to be a "complaint" session, the WK2 is a great piece of machinery and I really enjoy every opportunity behind the wheel. This is simply a "what I would if I could" question.

This is my first Jeep so I don't have anything "Jeep related" to compare the WK2 with.

Here's my "Wish List".

1. Suspension
I'm finding I'm beginning to know where all the potholes on the roads are. I now instinctively veer away from them. The suspension is a little too stiff on the bitumen, add in the the 20" wheels to the mix with tyres pumped to recommended psi and it makes for a real bone rattler.

I would like a suspension adjustment switch / dial ranging from "Comfort" (soft / spongy) to Sport (stiff). Seems we have just 1 factory option........stiff! (my 120 Prado had this and it was constantly used).

2. Indicator Stalk
This is a selfish one....I would like the indicator stalk on the right hand side so I can hold a drink / coffee in the left hand in close proximity to the cup holder. It's a little difficult

3. Seats
I wish the seats were a little softer particularly where the seat meets the back. On a recent trip to northern NSW I found my tailbone aching and couldn't find a comfortable position. I just could not find the perfect adjustment.

4. Side Steps
I would like to see side steps as a standard feature.

5. Plastic Console
I'm used to it now but I would like less silver plastic in the console.

6. Roof Height
I would liked to see another say 100mm to the roof height. This would not only give taller drivers a little more comfort but it would reduce the number of blind spots.

7. Rear Vision Mirror
This one wouldn't exist if the roof height was higher. The sheer bulkiness of the mirror creates somewhat of a blind spot as the driver looks out at the 10 - 11 o'clock mark. Also, the sunglasses holder completely blocks the rear vision view when it's down.

Anyhow, that's the extent of my personal "wish list" that would make this great car even greater!

jefferson.oz 02-05-2012 02:32 AM

Re: If I Could, What Would I Change on the WK2?

Hmm, how bout a rain sensing rear wiper....

ENFORCER 02-05-2012 06:03 AM

How about a farken electronic EBrake, the pedal is annoying, that is about it for me.
While I can agree on what you have said Aussie, they do not bother me much. My list of loves about this car are very long, I guess one PIA feature (ebrake) is not bad.

outback 02-05-2012 06:10 AM

How about the Nav system with red light / speed camera locations and live traffic updates :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sege 02-05-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outback (Post 567754)
How about the Nav system with red light / speed camera locations and live traffic updates :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep my $198 Navman is way better and I get 3 years Map updates for free and couple of voice choices!!!!!!:slapfight:

scarps 02-05-2012 05:28 PM

Hi Aussie, love the indicator stalk comment. Found this a common laugh in previous KJ. Coffee, indicate, drive:-)
Could you give more info on the side steps please? I'm contemplating the rock rails more than the steps to protect the lower side panels. I don't rock hop as such, but see them as a double bonus - looks and protection.
regards Scott

Baxter 02-05-2012 05:40 PM

Hi
I think the stiff ride could be a 20" wheel problem as my 18" at 36psi give a very smooth ride and soak up the pot holes very well (standard Suspension).I would love to have Cooled front seats (I only have a Laredo).

ENFORCER 02-06-2012 12:28 AM

The cool seats ROCK. I do not think I would buy a car without them, as I suffer from sweaty butt on leather seats. The cooling is enough to provide a nice cool butt in our hot climates, although Sydney has been ripped off summer this year.

allypally 02-06-2012 01:52 AM

The only things I would change, are the Tow Hooks- bring them back, and the Jeep Australia Management - who couldnt organise anything greater than a Jeep cap.

WK2JGC 02-06-2012 06:19 AM

(1) loose the foot brake, there are better ways in 2012 to keep the car from moving.

(2) Panel gaps - even the koreans have got this down pat.

(3) indicators in the mirrors, your already doing it in the USA, why be different here?

this is a dam fine car, and I have seen all types of people trade some of the best brand cars for these. Jeep Australia, understand one thing, get your customer service levels right, and you can't loose.......the products right, timing right, the rest, costs very little and will keep your new clients loyal.

AussieWK2 02-06-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarps (Post 568052)
Hi Aussie, love the indicator stalk comment. Found this a common laugh in previous KJ. Coffee, indicate, drive:-)
Could you give more info on the side steps please? I'm contemplating the rock rails more than the steps to protect the lower side panels. I don't rock hop as such, but see them as a double bonus - looks and protection.
regards Scott

My personal preference are the side steps, they come in either black or chrome. They look good but the practicality is my 10 year old keeps asking when I'll be getting them. I think the rock rails would come in handy if I were living in the scrub. You may regret rock rails if you're not planning to do a lot of offroad activity. Plus, I think there is an elegance about the GC that the rock rails may not suit it.

AussieWK2 02-06-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 568279)
The cool seats ROCK. I do not think I would buy a car without them, as I suffer from sweaty butt on leather seats. The cooling is enough to provide a nice cool butt in our hot climates, although Sydney has been ripped off summer this year.

mmmmmm, coooool seats! They work a treat up here!