Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Need more power (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/need-more-power-36766.html)

JRHEMI 02-05-2012 04:03 AM

Need more power

Im lookin for some extra horsess
already have the intake, thinking in some headers, exhaust, and superchip..
but i want something more, what should be ?
Grand Cherokee 5.7 2007

FlyinRyan 02-05-2012 04:38 AM

Re: Need more power

Ditch the Superchips, get yourself a Diablo, and then get a CMR tune.

JeepCoop 02-05-2012 10:50 AM

^^ Agreed!

nyc_medic 02-05-2012 11:39 AM

I would agree with the two above posts.

dmsfun 02-06-2012 02:22 PM

Headers are not available and too costly for a custom set due to all the labor to fit them. An aftermarket exahsut will do nothing for power either, as the big flow restriction is in the exhaust manifold, not the catback. FIrst thing is to make sure all the maintenance is done, then get a billet tech catch can for the hemi, then remove and claan all the crap from the throttle body if you have not done it, and reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery neg terminal. If you have more than 60k, replace the egr, pcv and MAP sensors too. Then go with a tuner after all the other work is done. Also. most aftermarket intakes are not cold air in reality, rather they take in hot air, which means less power than stock when the engine is at operating temp.

Scottina06 02-06-2012 03:14 PM

there are headers for the 5.7....I think they are made by american racing. There is also a true cai for the hemi...the bwoody

Stickerbombed 02-06-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 568656)
there are headers for the 5.7....I think they are made by american racing. There is also a true cai for the hemi...the bwoody

Those srt ones fit?

dmsfun 02-07-2012 10:32 AM

THe bwoody is a CAI, most others are not, like K & N. But I would not get one, as it gets dirty quickly, being outside in the fenderwell, and it can suck in water while driving in a heavy downpour. I dont think SRT headers will work, as the 6.1 exhaust ports do not line up with the 5.7. You can put on srt stock exhaust manifolds with some cutting to the trans tunnel to fit. Unless you do the labor, the cost to pay a shop to do it is not worth it, as it is probably 6 hours labor charge.

Relwarc 02-07-2012 10:39 AM

I've driven my SRT with a Bwoody through many downpours. Don't play in deep puddles, and you're fine.

I agree with Ryan, get a CMR from him!

4.whoa 02-07-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 569214)
I dont think SRT headers will work, as the 6.1 exhaust ports do not line up with the 5.7. You can put on srt stock exhaust manifolds with some cutting to the trans tunnel to fit.

the long srt headers (dont remember brand) hit the trans(not just the belhousing where you can cut for clearence) and I remember reading somewhere that some long tube 5.7 jeep headers are just the 6.1's with different flanges, so similar problem.

The ports are slightly different,but close enough to work,thats why people can use the stock srt mani's

This is a great thread anyways,but post #23 has a good pic of the 5.7 vs 6.1 gaskets :thumbsup:
http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread...=srt+manifolds

JRHEMI 02-08-2012 12:44 AM

thank youu, so i should get the diablo instead superchip?

FlyinRyan 02-08-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHEMI (Post 569744)
thank youu, so i should get the diablo instead superchip?

Yes