Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Jeep will sometimes raise to OR1 at start-up? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/jeep-will-sometimes-raise-to-or1-at-start-up-36774.html)

bmrisko 02-05-2012 11:55 AM

Jeep will sometimes raise to OR1 at start-up?
 
Has anyone had an occurrence when they go to start-up their WK2 and the QL will raise to OR1? I have noticed this happen 2 times in a month and both times I was parked somewhat off-camber or on an incline. Could the two instances be related? There appear to be no other issues with manually going into OR1, OR2 or park mode. I'm not too worried about it yet since everything else w/ the QL appears to work fine, I just thought it was a little weird.

armoredsaint 02-05-2012 12:20 PM

Re: Jeep will sometimes raise to OR1 at start-up?
 
maybe it thinks since you're at an angle it would go up to help?

jp467 02-05-2012 01:12 PM

Re: Jeep will sometimes raise to OR1 at start-up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmrisko (Post 567869)
Has anyone had an occurrence when they go to start-up their WK2 and the QL will raise to OR1? I have noticed this happen 2 times in a month and both times I was parked somewhat off-camber or on an incline? Could the two instances be related? There appear to be no other issues with manually going into OR1, OR2 or park mode. I'm not too worried about it yet since everything else w/ the QL appears to work fine, I just thought it was a little weird.


Mine has done this twice since I have owned it. I have had it about a year.

jgc4ever 02-05-2012 02:23 PM

Re: Jeep will sometimes raise to OR1 at start-up?
 
Mine just did this yesterday. I have no idea why. No problems using the Quadra Lift manually though.

Eric67 02-05-2012 02:36 PM

Re: Jeep will sometimes raise to OR1 at start-up?
 
Mine has done that twice in 6 months. Not any further problems with the QL so far.

captfrazzz 02-05-2012 03:08 PM

Re: Jeep will sometimes raise to OR1 at start-up?
 
I have the same problem about once a month but it happens to me when I'm parked on flat ground for at least 8+ hours. Not that big of a deal but I figured that I'd mention it to the dealer the next time I'm in for an oil change.

I'm sure it's probably just a computer error.

jgc4ever 02-05-2012 05:18 PM

Re: Jeep will sometimes raise to OR1 at start-up?
 
Found the following on wk2jeeps.com...

The system also continually monitors passenger, cargo and trailer tongue weight and adjusts the air suspension automatically, to maintain a level ride.


Front and rear height sensors measure the distance between the body and suspension, and provide feedback to the control system to constantly monitor vehicle height. The air suspension control module (ASCM) contains the logic that controls ride height during all driving and loading conditions. The ASCM controls the ASU compressor and valve block, and is influenced by many other modules and systems. The powertrain control module (PCM), anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module, cabin compartment node (CCN), and drivetrain control module (DTCM) are all primary inputs to the ASCM.

xc8great 02-07-2012 02:01 PM

Re: Jeep will sometimes raise to OR1 at start-up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 568046)
Found the following on wk2jeeps.com...

The system also continually monitors passenger, cargo and trailer tongue weight and adjusts the air suspension automatically, to maintain a level ride.


Front and rear height sensors measure the distance between the body and suspension, and provide feedback to the control system to constantly monitor vehicle height. The air suspension control module (ASCM) contains the logic that controls ride height during all driving and loading conditions. The ASCM controls the ASU compressor and valve block, and is influenced by many other modules and systems. The powertrain control module (PCM), anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module, cabin compartment node (CCN), and drivetrain control module (DTCM) are all primary inputs to the ASCM.

Great info!!!! Mine has done it a couple times and it has been when I park it with front wheels on incline or side hills but it must be sensing 1 or more corners low height and auto moving suspension higher to accommodate.

HammFist 02-07-2012 05:42 PM

Re: Jeep will sometimes raise to OR1 at start-up?
 
No. It shouldn't do anything other than level itself after sitting for a while. It should never go to OR1 or 2 by itself -- only when you raise it with the switch or select one of the off-road settings (snow, mud, rock).

xc8great 02-07-2012 06:54 PM

Re: Jeep will sometimes raise to OR1 at start-up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HammFist (Post 569514)
No. It shouldn't do anything other than level itself after sitting for a while. It should never go to OR1 or 2 by itself -- only when you raise it with the switch or select one of the off-road settings (snow, mud, rock).


Mine did not go to OR1 or 2 but suspension after coming back to it was much higher as if it tried to level itself out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community