Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Failure # 1 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/failure-1-a-36789.html)

yodamel 02-05-2012 03:58 PM

Failure # 1

mileage on vehicle: 722 miles

Drivers Door Rear Window Switch Failed. Passenger Side Rear Windown stuck in down position. Switch started buzzing uncontrollably, forcing me to stop what I was doing on Saturday a.m. and go straight to the Jeep Dealer to get it fixed.

Dispostiion: Dealer replaced relay in Driver's Door. Time to repair 2 hours, while I waited.

Note to Self: Jeep does not return the car washed and vacuumed, like BMW did. bummer.

(hoping this was just a bug)

armoredsaint 02-05-2012 04:50 PM

Re: Failure # 1

i had the same thing when i brought in my Bugatti Veyron - they didn't wash it either.:D

Knightrider03m 02-05-2012 05:21 PM

Seems like a bug, I really wouldn't worry too much about it.

Car washes seem to be a hit and miss with dealerships. I've had dealerships wash my car themselves and/or give me a ticket for a free car wash at what ever car wash the dealer contract. However, the main difference between the Jeep and a BMW is that BMW is a luxury car/brand thus they treat you has such. The treatment that I have gotten when I owned my Cadillac was much better then any Ford/Jeep dealership that I have been at. Even a standalone Lincoln dealer was better than a Ford dealer.

SW03ES 02-05-2012 07:05 PM

Yeah, not fair to expect Jeep to wash the car as BMW does. Labor rate is likely $30 an hour less too.

Kind of like expecting someone playing a piano at Kohls because someone does at Nordstrom...

Jeeters 02-05-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodamel (Post 568004)
Note to Self: Jeep does not return the car washed and vacuumed, like BMW did. bummer.

Usually they do at my dealership, sometimes they don't. For you, might have been because it was Saturday.

Heck, I was mad one day because I took it in before work to get a quick oil change and it took them seemingly forever to get the vehicle back to me which made me late for work. Turned out the reason they took so long is they were washing it. :rolleyes:

BobsWK2 02-06-2012 02:28 AM

My dealer washes and vacuums the car with any service. I still tell them not to do it because as with my previous 2010 BMW, I don't trust them to not install swirls in the paint.

AAAA 02-06-2012 07:39 AM

My dealer provides deluxe touch free car wash coupon with each service.

bry@n 02-06-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 568324)
My dealer washes and vacuums the car with any service. I still tell them not to do it because as with my previous 2010 BMW, I don't trust them to not install swirls in the paint.

So true. Amazing how people wash in the "wax on and wax off" motion and actually create the proble. Use the same dirty wash mit ewww....I really think it's the handwash car washes that are the biggest offenders of this.

moosehead 02-06-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 568097)
Kind of like expecting someone playing a piano at Kohls because someone does at Nordstrom...

+ rep

SW03ES 02-06-2012 06:42 PM

Why thank you moose!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2

I always tell them not to when I'm at the Lexus dealer too. Its a trick to get them not to because the porters are so hard wired to do it.

In another life I consulted with car dealerships about sales skills and customer retention and I saw a lot of how dealerships run. You know those big wide push brooms like you use on big wide floors? No lie, I know a dealer that uses them to wash their SUVs...

So yeah...I'm quite happy the Jeep dealer doesn't wash the car LOL

MikeD 02-08-2012 09:32 AM

I never have them wash my Jeep or any other car we own, we took our BMW in for service and the lot guy put a solvent on the wheels that etched them and they were ruined. I complained to the dealer and they replaced the wheels at a cost of over $2000.00 very quickly but it was still a hassle.