Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/)
-   -   To sell or not to sell (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/to-sell-or-not-to-sell-36836.html)

QuickOne 02-06-2012 07:13 PM

To sell or not to sell

Well....Almost literally from the time of impact, I've been wondering how I'm going to deal with a crashed vehicle that I didn't crash myself. If I had crashed it myself, I would make myself live with the fact, since it was my own damn fault. However, that is not the case and since I'm like most other SRT8 owners on here, I'm a fanatic about everything on my Jeep.

As I was talking with the Autobody guy, he brought up a good point...He is also passionate about his cars and has a "nice" collection to speak of. He was adament that this black eye will always remain, even if covered by "makeup". Phantom issues that your mind will concoct will be ever persistent and make me think something is wrong, when nothing actually is.

So I've been running the numbers on a 2012 Jeep SRT8, a 2012 Rubicon vs driving my banged up Jeep.

I really can't afford the new Jeep and can't bring myself to make the purchase on a dated Nav system and the possibility of a new tranny in the near future, hence the thought of something different and go with the Pentastar Rubicon.

My question to everyone here, is what would you do?
Drive it and try to forget it, or move on.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-06-2012 09:09 PM

Re: To sell or not to sell

how bad was your damage? i only remember the two pics that didnt show much

Scottina06 02-06-2012 09:11 PM

I didnt even know you had an accident.....come Brian i thought we were buds!

Amelie 02-06-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 568904)
how bad was your damage? i only remember the two pics that didnt show much

Yes, unless that's a dated pic what damage are you referring to?

SRTgirl 02-06-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 568907)
I didnt even know you had an accident.....come Brian i thought we were buds!

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/jeep-srt8-vs-hyundai-sonata-36654.html

How much unseen damage was done? Hard to tell how bad from the picts.

Amelie 02-06-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTgirl (Post 568939)

Thanks for the link :)

@QuickOne: is the 2010 SRT8 your only mode of transportation or is that 2011+ your ride as well?

QuickOne 02-06-2012 10:22 PM

The damage amounted so far is $6K. The collision snapped the lower control arm and bent the top one. That lower control arm seems very strong.
Damage to the knuckle, strut and rim.
If I feel vibration, I'll Puke!

The 2010 is my DD. The 2012 in the photo is our friend Transam and I liked the sunburst on the photo so I kept both. Should have clarified that. I'll update it with it all torn apart in the shop! :(

And Scott...I guess I flew under the radar with the SRT8 vs Hyundai Subject title! LOL..

So $6 K and we don't know if it drives right yet.

Amelie 02-06-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuickOne (Post 568985)
The damage amounted so far is $6K. The collision snapped the lower control arm and bent the top one. That lower control arm seems very strong.
Damage to the knuckle, strut and rim.
If I feel vibration, I'll Puke!

The 2010 is my DD. The 2012 in the photo is our friend Transam and I liked the sunburst on the photo so I kept both. Should have clarified that. I'll update it with it all torn apart in the shop! :(
So $6 K and we don't know if it drives right yet.

1) How many miles have you contributed to it?

2) So with 6K invested so far, depending on how many miles are on it, shouldn't it last you well into the future?

3) I could understand wanting a 2012 SRT8 but why pitch your car just because of that accident? I could see it if the price for the repair was exorbitant but getting in to debt over it I don't know.

QuickOne 02-06-2012 10:41 PM

I'm worried that it won't ever be the same. Bought it new, has 38,000 miles and no issues with vibrations or any other damages. It's one of those things that my mind will be playing tricks on me, that I'll feel a vibration, hear a "clicking" or some other thing.
And when I push it hard around a corner, could something have been weakened and not fixed?
That's not the thought I want to be having pulling .95g's on a corner.

Amelie 02-06-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuickOne (Post 569004)
I'm worried that it won't ever be the same. Bought it new, has 38,000 miles and no issues with vibrations or any other damages. It's one of those things that my mind will be playing tricks on me, that I'll feel a vibration, hear a "clicking" or some other thing.
And when I push it hard around a corner, could something have been weakened and not fixed?
That's not the thought I want to be having pulling .95g's on a corner.

Can't blame you there.

SvenskaJeepGuy 02-06-2012 11:09 PM

Have it repaired at a good shop and it will be just like before the accident (except in your head)

Escape 02-06-2012 11:52 PM

^X2 ... Have it repaired and go from there. Forget about the what if's until they become reality.

It's a damn fine Jeep!