Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   SouthEast (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f113/)
-   -   Driving around Morgantown, WV this week (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f113/driving-around-morgantown-wv-this-week-36900.html)

Relwarc 02-07-2012 05:34 PM

Driving around Morgantown, WV this week

I'm out here for work and took the jeep with me! I the drive out was awesome! But.... For being the home of WVU..... The roads suck! Ha!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Amelie 02-07-2012 05:47 PM

Re: Driving around Morgantown, WV this week

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 569507)
I'm out here for work and took the jeep with me! I the drive out was awesome! But.... For being the home of WVU..... The roads suck! Ha!

Morgantown is a great city, What kind of business is bringing you to the town? I will agree with the road conditions, They are terrible in some if not most places.

Relwarc 02-07-2012 10:23 PM

I work as an implementation Consultant for a large EMR company. I pretty much travel around the country and teach doctors how to use the system.

Supposed to snow tonight. Gonna be a fun morning!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Amelie 02-07-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 569675)
Supposed to snow tonight. Gonna be a fun morning!

It's been a pretty mild winter so I'm sure you'll be fine lol

Relwarc 02-08-2012 08:39 AM

haha funny you say that... just got done with a 35 mile drive out through the mountains with a little dusting of snow on the ground.....

MAN was it fun!! HA!! the jeep handled it like a rally car! i popped the navigation up on my screen so i could watch what the corners looked like (my own personal navigator) and it was a BLAST!... pretty sure I'm going to get kicked out of the town...

Amelie 02-08-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 569832)
haha funny you say that... just got done with a 35 mile drive out through the mountains with a little dusting of snow on the ground.....

MAN was it fun!! HA!! the jeep handled it like a rally car! i popped the navigation up on my screen so i could watch what the corners looked like (my own personal navigator) and it was a BLAST!... pretty sure I'm going to get kicked out of the town...

lol :thumbsup:

Relwarc 02-09-2012 08:20 AM

let me tell you... these mining trucks SUCK! they overload them so when they hit a curve, the frikin truck leans like it's going to topple! they shower the road in gravel over every bump. Then when you get to an area where they allow passing, they SPEED UP and crowd the yellow line!! WTF man, what jerks...

One actually came OVER the yellow line and sped up to 55 in a 40 when i tried to pass him. Good thing the SRT is .....slightly.... faster than an overloaded dumptruck with an angry coal mining road hog driving it.

I understand we all have a job to do and they are just doing theirs. I dont cut them off, follow too close, slow down going up hills in front of them or anything like that. Why must they insist that I stay behind them while they go slowly and shower me in gravel??

Last day here, i guess i can't complain any more.

Amelie 02-09-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 570431)
let me tell you... these mining trucks SUCK! they overload them so when they hit a curve, the frikin truck leans like it's going to topple! they shower the road in gravel over every bump. Then when you get to an area where they allow passing, they SPEED UP and crowd the yellow line!! WTF man, what jerks...

It happens, just another thing to complain in this world about.