Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   WJ wheels on a WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/wj-wheels-on-a-wk-3691.html)

NHWK05 10-29-2009 09:17 PM

WJ wheels on a WK

So i think i can get a set of WJ Limited 17" wheels for very cheap if not free from a friend. They are not in that great condition (peeling) but i have a friend with a sand blaster and i can paint them. My goal is to use them for winter wheels and put my stock Forteras on them for long distance trips once i get my Cooper Discoverer STT tires for in town use.

Does anyone know if these will fit w/o issues on my 05 wk? i know that Rob needed thin spacers with his Freedom edition wheels on his 07.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Jwheels1-1.jpg

robpp 10-29-2009 09:24 PM

Re: WJ wheels on a WK

i think that was due to the 07 caliper mount Kyle. in my best guess those will work on your 05.

I saw a WJ with 05+ Laredo wheels too so if they work down year i would guess they work up.....

also from wjjeeps.com:
All 17x7.5" Wheels: Backspacing = 6.25" Offset = 50.8mm Bolt pattern = 5x5 (5x127mm)

which matches the WK exactly.

'00 UnLimited 10-30-2009 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 89228)
I saw a WJ with 05+ Laredo wheels too so if they work down year i would guess they work up.....

I have a similar situation, so I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work.

'00 UnLimited 10-30-2009 02:51 AM

I do, however, think that style of wheel is hideous.

NHWK05 10-30-2009 06:29 AM

Thanks for the info Rob, that helps. I figured they would fit because i have an 05 and like you said if it goes one way it should work the other way, but you never know some times.

The kid that i am buying them from bought this 01 Wj for $5000 and actually got a set of Ronin II wheels like my WK wheels for it because he did not like the stock ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by '00 UnLimited (Post 89480)
I do, however, think that style of wheel is hideous.

I agree that they are not the best looking wheel ever but if they are free it will give me a free set of street wheels to put on my street tires once i get my MTs for my stock wheels.

I will prolly end up sand blasting them and painting them either all silver or Argent gray any way.

This is the jeep the wheels came off of, now with Ronin II wheels on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...f/P1030876.jpg

'00 UnLimited 10-30-2009 09:08 AM

Ha, I did the same thing that guy did. And I guess if they're free, then yeah jump on them, you can never go wrong with free.

NHWK05 10-30-2009 09:43 AM

Exactly.

dreamer1213 10-30-2009 09:30 PM

Free is where its at! I think that would make a great set of winter wheels for sure...

NHWK05 10-31-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamer1213 (Post 89829)
Free is where its at! I think that would make a great set of winter wheels for sure...

See thats what i am thinking only vise versa. I am going to go slightly to the rugged side and run Cooper discoverer STT Mt tires for DD use, (had them in a 35" tire on my Xj and i miss them) and put my GY Fortera HL tires on the WJ wheels for any long distance highway trips after i sand blast and re paint them.

Gojeep 08-16-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHWK05 (Post 89218)

Does anyone know if these will fit w/o issues on my 05 wk? i know that Rob needed thin spacers with his Freedom edition wheels on his 07.

Could someone tell me who Rob here is that was menioned having problems fitting Freedom wheels on his 07? I want to fit them to my 08 and would love to know why a thin spacer was needed and just how thick was it and what hit without it?

Scottina06 08-16-2010 10:12 PM

robpp

and in 2007 the front calipers were revised a tad which resulted in a little larger housing or bracket . But anyway...the calipers make contact with certain wheel without a spacer...the freedom edition wj wheels for instance.

Gojeep 08-17-2010 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 253663)
robpp

and in 2007 the front calipers were revised a tad which resulted in a little larger housing or bracket . But anyway...the calipers make contact with certain wheel without a spacer...the freedom edition wj wheels for instance.

I take it what hit cannot not be clearanced?
Back to the search then if that is the case. Can't change the offset by more than an 1" here either so limits what I can use.
Have to have my offset picked out before I know how much wider I have to make the body to cover the tyres.