Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Downunder - Orders to Delivery thread (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/downunder-orders-to-delivery-thread-36965.html)

allypally 02-08-2012 08:42 PM

Downunder - Orders to Delivery thread

Thought it might be appropriate to seperate the discussions in the W2K Downunder thread relating to building and delivery status. It would give a common perspective for those tracking their cars, and allow the other thread to be used for general discussion for Aussies... and others who have an opinion or question.

josh3008 02-08-2012 09:04 PM

Re: Downunder - Orders to Delivery thread

I ordered mine on the 29th of september and it docked yesterday in freo and should get it late february.

scarps 02-08-2012 09:16 PM

Ordered mine first week of November, advised late Feb/early March potential delivery. Dealer sent me a screen shot last week off their computer showing production date was 27/1/12, location is currently Factory Vehicle Yard, planned delivery date 11/4/12.
I'm working on delivery mid to late May assuming customs delays etc.
Any earlier is just a bonus.
The longer it takes, the more I get to read from everyone else, and it gives the aftermarket guys more time to R&D accessories.
I'm planning on keeping this truck for minimum 10 years @ approx 15,000km's per year.
I can wait.....................but not forever:-)

frayedsheet 02-08-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allypally (Post 570213)
Thought it might be appropriate to seperate the discussions in the W2K Downunder thread relating to building and delivery status. It would give a common perspective for those tracking their cars, and allow the other thread to be used for general discussion for Aussies... and others who have an opinion or question.

You can get lucky...

Left a deposit for a Black Overland on Dec 11 '11 for delivery mid Jan '12. Can was available for pickup as at Jan 18 but ive had to wait as I couldnt sell my current car that quick. Pickup is Friday!

Turns out it was a cancelled order through the original purchaser being denied finance.

Bakes 02-12-2012 12:01 PM

I ordered mine a CRD Limited on the 11th October and it looks like it will be in my hands on the 27th Feb as long as all goes well!!!!:D

allypally 02-12-2012 03:44 PM

Congrats. The hard part is now approaching. Which ship is your car on? Once it berth's it can take upto 3-4 weeks to get to the dealership.

Bakes 02-12-2012 04:39 PM

I dont know the ship but was told the car would be landed here in aussie on the 11th feb!!! tell me about it cant wait !!!!

darthgus 02-12-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakes (Post 572446)
I dont know the ship but was told the car would be landed here in aussie on the 11th feb!!! tell me about it cant wait !!!!

The Tarago just docked in Brissy on the 11th so hopefully was on that one :) Thats the boat mine is on, its on its way to Melb, then to Freo..!!
I ordered mine a couple of weeks after yours also. (Approx 23rd Oct)

SKM12 02-13-2012 02:41 AM

I ordered a CRD Overland Black on black on black wood on the 12th November. I did request a 2012 build. Dealer told me today that Car is finished and waiting shippment. I can track the boats, but he still couldnt give any more details other than maybe Late feb/early march. I too am happy to wait (its acually for wife and kids....god help me). Shan

allypally 02-13-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKM12 (Post 572894)
I ordered a CRD Overland Black on black on black wood on the 12th November. I did request a 2012 build. Dealer told me today that Car is finished and waiting shippment. I can track the boats, but he still couldnt give any more details other than maybe Late feb/early march. I too am happy to wait (its acually for wife and kids....god help me). Shan

Hi. Sounds e your wife and kids will be having a great new ride.
If you ask the dealer for the VIN you should be able to track it on the ship.
By becoming a forum contributor, you can also get a build sheet.

zzkazu 02-13-2012 04:43 PM

Build sheet worth the subscription alone IMHO

Beerenton 02-13-2012 06:27 PM

Starting to wonder if I should be worried - I paid a deposit on 21/12/11 for a Laredo CRD. On 20/1/12 the dealer called to say that the colour wasn't available after all, but the "good news" was that our 2nd choice, Winter Chill, would be available 4 weeks before any other colour, but no actual date. Then on 10/2/12 we finally got a COM number and were told it was due into Aus in mid-April.
I've been added to the build tracking page by Milous and the vehicle is in PR (pre-release) and has been since 17/12/11, before I paid the deposit.
Given the 5-week shipping time (I've heard?), that means it needs to be scheduled, built and on the boat in about 4 weeks. Has anyone had experience with this - does it sound feasible? Thanks.