Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Strut Plate Spacers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/strut-plate-spacers-36989.html)

jlewissystem 02-09-2012 11:17 AM

Strut Plate Spacers

Waddup! For the time being, i wanted to level out the front - taking away the rake. I have OME HD and i was thinking about adding something like Rusty's strut plate spacers - maybe 2 or 3 depending on how much i need to go up - i think I'll only need 2.

Anyone have any experience running these? Pros/cons?

I dont think i'll have any issues with them, but wanted to throw it out there. Also - not sure if an alignment would be required for this small addition or not - ?? Thanks!!!:D

2005JGC 02-09-2012 12:24 PM

Re: Strut Plate Spacers

Yes an alignment would be a REQUIREMENT... maybe if you were going from stock hight you could get away from it but already lifted your tie rod ends already angle down, the further from level the go the quicker they make toe changes, so maybe from factory height change would be minimal, but as the tie rod end level goes down small changes have more and more of an effect.

I think stacking 2 of these would make getting the strut installed a bear but I am currently wanting to get a set of these spacers myself, I need more ground clearance (and the whole actually level thing is a huge + )

jlewissystem 02-09-2012 12:28 PM

Thanks man! Adding these spacers on top is not the hard part - it's just getting the upper strut mount bolts to clear the wheel-well :) I agree - leveling is good - that's what i'm going for - thanks for the feedback!

BlackedOutWK 02-09-2012 07:03 PM

you will need to press in longer bolts. ask omelet or tosh.

omelet 02-09-2012 09:15 PM

Yep check out my build thread, you will find all the info on adding more than one that you will need. However I recommend adding one set for now and see what you think. One will make it pretty level.

jlewissystem 02-09-2012 09:46 PM

Thanks Omelet! Using only one set, will I still need to address the bolt?

omelet 02-10-2012 12:54 AM

Nope, that's why it is so easy and recommended!

NHWK05 02-10-2012 11:29 AM

I had them but never installed them because i needed the $$. I sold them to Carlos "acidcold" and he loved them.

jlewissystem 02-11-2012 11:17 PM

I assume yes, but do we still need an alignment for just adding 1 plate?

2005JGC 02-12-2012 02:16 AM

my suggestion would be yes, the largest change will be in your toe and toe is your tire wear angle... for like 50 bucks for an alignment or 500-1500 for tires, even if its just a minor change its worth the 50 bucks IMO.

jlewissystem 02-12-2012 08:56 AM

Thanks again! I'm not trying to cheap out, just understand the cost and requirements of this small Mod. Thanks!

kungpaogogo 02-15-2012 07:05 PM

Not trying to hijack anyone's thread, but I am about to jump on a Daystar 2" lift kit and am wondering if I am going to need spacers up front to level up my ride or does the kit's included spacers do the job? Thanks in advance.