Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Park Assist Disabled (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/park-assist-disabled-37024.html)

JDubz 02-09-2012 11:14 PM

Park Assist Disabled

Sorry if this has been asked but I did try a search but did not find any answers so I figured I would ask here. My park assist seems to be disabled and I have tried to turn it back on but I have not been having any luck. When I put my Jeep into reverse, I only get the outter two yellow lights to light up by my rear window. Also, in my EVIC it states that "Park Assist Disabled". Pushing the button on my console does not seem to do anything. Hopefully this is just me being a n00b and is an easy fix. Thank You!

Chaoul1 02-09-2012 11:29 PM

Re: Park Assist Disabled

You should be able to Enable it backby just pressing it. If not unhook your battery for 30 seconds and attach it back on and check if it works.

JDubz 02-09-2012 11:35 PM

Okay I will try that tomorrow. I know nothing happens when I press the Park Assist button. But that reminds me that I read in the manual that if the battery is disconnected that I will have to take it to the dealer to have the MDS reset. Any thoughts on that?

Chaoul1 02-10-2012 12:45 AM

I've unplugged my battery many times.

I never went to the dealership to reset the MDS. You'll be fine.

It just resets the PCM so it will have to relearn your driving habits, but don't worry.

dr.lee.baugh 02-10-2012 10:17 AM

Don't worry about the MDS system - as noted above, that does not have to be reset at the dealer.

I would also try wiping the sensors down with a clean rag (if you haven't done so already).

If they are dirty or snow covered, that's the message you would get.

JDubz 02-14-2012 03:54 PM

Okay so this might sound really dumb but how can I tell if the MDS is working properly? This is the first jeep that I have driven and I am not sure if it is actually kicking on when I am at highway speeds. Should I feel a difference when it is engaged/disengaged?

JDubz 02-27-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 570885)
You should be able to Enable it backby just pressing it. If not unhook your battery for 30 seconds and attach it back on and check if it works.

I tried that as well as making sure the sensors were clean and still no luck. It just stays disabled everytime I press the button. Does this mean the system needs to be replaced? :confused:

05ltdhemi 03-06-2012 10:53 PM

did you check to make sure everything is properly hooked up? i found the rear park assit box and led bar in the back. on the left side you will see a slotted compartment. pull that off and look around for the box and led bar. thats where mine was located at least.

JDubz 03-07-2012 12:24 AM

Okay I will check that tomorrow and let you know what I find.

JDubz 03-07-2012 08:59 AM

I don't see where you are talking about. Where is it compared to where the led bar is located. Can you post pics? Thank you.

nyc_medic 03-07-2012 10:23 AM

Ok silly question... Are you close enough to the object to make sure all the lights come on? You have to be within 11 inches or closer to the object for the system to work. So basically almost on top of it.

JDubz 03-07-2012 11:03 AM

Oh I'm probably not that close. I will try to have my friend stand behind it and see what happens. Is that when it will beep or whatever too?