Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Heated Steering Wheel????? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/heated-steering-wheel-37064.html)

sethkennedy87 02-10-2012 07:47 PM

Heated Steering Wheel?????

hey guys, im getting a new 2012 limited built though afees and should be ready for pick up after my deployment....the lady that is selling it is a dumbass (its through a military program) Im tried asking her but she has no clue. I chose the luxury package which includes heated/cooled seats and even the steering wheel. My question is since im getting the heated steering wheel, does that mean its gonna be the woodgrain one? ive test drove several, but none have that option. I would actually prefer the woodgrain wheel, but im unsure whether the material from the non=woodgrain wheel can take the heat. At the same time, from what ive seen, the woodgrain wheel only comes in the overland. This isnt a deal breaker, but would be an extra "cool" item that i just thought about a few days ago. the order is already placed, so it really doesnt matter, just the curiosity is killen me......please input if you know, or every seen a woodgrain wheel in anything other than the overland models....thanks

Tybalt39 02-10-2012 07:55 PM

Re: Heated Steering Wheel?????

My understanding is that, while the heated wheel is available in various packages, the wood wheel is only available on the Overland/Summit. The wheel gets only "warm", so no need to worry about damaging the standard wheel. If you upgraded to leather, you would have basically the same wheel as the Overland without the wood.

Always thought a heated wheel was a "gimmick". Then one came with the Overland. I use it almost every day (the heat, that is)!

sethkennedy87 02-10-2012 08:30 PM

yeah right now im stationed in Guam (85 year round) so no need for it here, its just included with the luxury package, which i had to have just for the cooled seats. I was just hoping for the woodgrain wheel, i like that look alot.

berk483 02-10-2012 08:35 PM

Woodgrain in Overland/Summit only...not that you couldn't swap the wheel for one with the woodgrain after delivery.

jgc4ever 02-11-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sethkennedy87 (Post 571369)
hey guys, im getting a new 2012 limited built though afees and should be ready for pick up after my deployment....the lady that is selling it is a dumbass (its through a military program) Im tried asking her but she has no clue. I chose the luxury package which includes heated/cooled seats and even the steering wheel. My question is since im getting the heated steering wheel, does that mean its gonna be the woodgrain one? ive test drove several, but none have that option. I would actually prefer the woodgrain wheel, but im unsure whether the material from the non=woodgrain wheel can take the heat. At the same time, from what ive seen, the woodgrain wheel only comes in the overland. This isnt a deal breaker, but would be an extra "cool" item that i just thought about a few days ago. the order is already placed, so it really doesnt matter, just the curiosity is killen me......please input if you know, or every seen a woodgrain wheel in anything other than the overland models....thanks

Limited only has a leather wheel even with Lux II package.

You can buy the Overland Wood grain wheel on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-C...item2318f1a4c6

Fellows 02-12-2012 07:07 AM

The whole wheel is heated, so there's no damage to the leather part of it (Overlands only have wood on the top of teh wheel).

sethkennedy87 02-12-2012 06:46 PM

thx guys, great help...will the jeep place do the swap for me you think if i bring them the wheel?

PECo 02-12-2012 10:08 PM

I have a 2012 Overland with the heated wood steering wheel. It heats up well enough. However, the wood part of the wheel is slippery. I'd actually prefer to have an all leather steering wheel.